1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"friends"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by j1013, Jun 30, 2009.

1. j1013

j1013 Guest

So, I found out from one of my good friends, that aqpparently this tool who is a my uni who went to my high school and who i dont even like, has been telling people back hom that I am out. This makes me rage so much because well I didnt like the guy in the first place and two because his saying this cant be baseless right? someone mustve spilled and three ppl are discussing me when im not there but I cant say too much about that as i am probably the biggest gossip I know. I just dont know what to make of the situation, obviously no one would dare confront me on the issue, because they wouldnt want a sore face. but it also leads me too think maybe they arent bothered and so should i tell ppl? however that is unlikely. I also feel a little dis heartened that someone has obviously broken my turst and I dont know who and I also dont now if I should be confronting the guy telling people....hmmm I just dont know. what do yall think? x

2. paco

paco Guest

well in my experience coming out.. none of my friends cared even a little.. in fact more were excited than they were weirded out

its a really scary process when you're in the closet still and it seems like your whole world is going to change, but really what i've found hardest to get used to is being open about it myself because my friends are closer than before and they like to talk about what i like in a guy, but i'm the one that gets shy.

i know it kills to think stuff like, "are they going to still be my friends" and it can even keep you up at night, but really, your friends should be fine. they probably knew on an unconscious level anyway and its more confirmation than anything.

anyway, you chose your friends based on who you are not on who you're pretending to be, so odds are you chose people to be your friends with the idea that they'd probably be ok with who you really are.

hope that makes sense to you, and good luck, feel better.