1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jayhad90, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I am an eighteen year old male who is dealing with the fact that i like men and i am trying to accept myself but its hard and i dont know what to do . I have no one to talk to about so i thought id try here. advice would be much appreciated

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! (*hug*) Just about everyone on the site has been through or is going through what you are, and we're happy to help. Feel free to send me or anyone else listed here a private message if you want to talk one-on-one.

3. Jeff214

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! I'd be more than happy to help and I know there are many others here that are more than willing also.

I know it's hard to accept yourself and it will take time. Before I came out, I was deep in denial about liking men. I would pretend I liked girls, talk about girls...stuff like that. But it got tiring. I got sick of hiding it. So, I went online and found support. It was here on Empty Closets that I first came out actually.

For me, knowing that there were other people out there helped a lot. Just having somewhere to voice my thoughts and get a response was incredibly comforting.

Just know that there are people who want to help and who care about you! If you have any questions, please do ask!

4. EM68

First of all welcome to EC! You found the right place to help accepting your self. Hang out for a while, read some of the thread and some of your comments if you want. Also post your concerns or issues when you are comfortable. Secondly coming out is not a race. Take your time it will happen when it happens.

I am 40. It was over a year ago that I joined. I was like you and did not know what to do. EC is a great place and helped me allot. Now I am out to most people and have a great bf! If you want to chat you can post on members walls. (*hug*)(*hug*)

5. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Thanks everyone and jeff214 i know what you mean about the whole girl thing i try really hard to like them even when they like me a lot i just dont have those kind of feelings for them and i really want to. i just dont know what to do. and thanks again for the feedback

6. twixy30

hey and welcome i understand what your going thought cuz i like women but i have had trouble with dealing with that it was here and my bestfriend that help me to be ok with myself. if you need a friend i am here i may be a girl but i will do my best to help if i can again im glad your here

7. Jeff214

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At one point I'd fully intended to go along pretending liking girls. There was one girl who actually asked me out. I actually entertained the idea of dating her but I couldn't imagine doing that for the rest of my life. I simply couldn't do it.

It takes time but you will eventually learn to accept it. You just accept you as you. Being gay is like being blue eyed or having brown hair. It's such a small part of the whole you.

- Jeff

8. dude99

dude99 Guest

Welcome to ec. Hope this site is rewarding for you and also you find what you want. congratulations on your step on putting your input here. It can be very difficult to accept yourself as being gay or bi, as much of us have been there. Like you I pretended for much of my life I only liked girls and told my friends and family that.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

Joining our little band here might be the best thing you can do. One of the best ways to feel better about yourself is to find others who are in (or were in) your position, so you can swap stories. Many of us went through that phase of "I'm gay - what do I do? What does this mean?" Some of us here are still going through that, and others have more or less "gotten to the other side" - living life as out, gay/bi people. And loving it. :slight_smile:

Let us know if there's anything specific we can help you with. And feel free to read around the forum.

Lex

10. James

Welcome to EC jayhad90,

We've all been through the same thing as you, so you've came to the right website. If you ever need someone to talk to or have a question, I'm only a PM (or wall post) away!

11. Mickey

Welcome to the EC family! I'm glad you found us and decided to join.
    Accepting yourself can be hard and confusing. Like has been said,the majority of us have been where you are,some still are. Know that everyone here is here for each other.
    You can get/give advice,vent,rant,laugh and just be yourself here.