1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think im crushing on my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jayhad90, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Ok so this all started last year in the beggining of my senior year of high school i moved back to my moms house and i started hanging out with this group of three guys. One weekend they invited me over to spend the night with them at their house and i was excited to go because i was really depressed at the time. while i was there me and drew talked until five in the morning. We talked about everything. so the rest of the week i cant stop thinking about him. they invite me to hang out but i couldnt i had to go campin with the fam so when i got back i texted drew and asked him how was his weekend he said ' It would have been better if you were there.' and that gave me butterflies and for months i cant stop thinking about him. and one night he text me while all of us are hanging saying " I want you" and hes kinda a person to joke around but after i read it i looked at him and he acted as if nothing happened. In the middle of my senior year i had to move and i would have to leave drew.

2. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

im not done yet i just could type anymore lol

3. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

well that hurt a lot i had really strong feelings for him. i would text him at my dad and i would get any texts back but he would randomly facebook me. well now im back at my moms and i dont know what to do. Do i tell him how i feal and risk our friendship? or do i just stay his friend and be glad that i atleast have that?

4. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Well crushing on a friend isnt uncommon. It says your not sure about your sexuality so if you want you could always hint at it. Get to talking and tell him what your going through. Bait him in to talking about gay topics, his views, yada yada.

Most straight guys use humor as a defense mechanisim to do 2 things, hide emotion or deal with uncomfertable situations. I think its pretty safe to say a lot of people on this site have walked or are currently walking in your shoes.

May I ask how close of a friend he is and how close of a friend do you think, he thinks you are?

5. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Well we were pretty close we talked about a lot of things with eachother and he would always joke about being uncle drew when i have kids. but we havent really hung out in a while since i was at my dads.

6. Just Adam

the uncle drew thing i think maybe hes trying to gauge your sexuality.... mayeb jsut meet up and hang with him and if the time feels right tell him how you feel, if hes a real friend but not interested he will let you down gently and be cool about it maybe even flattered you think that much of him...

but i say meet up when you get chance even if its only to see an old mate

take care.

7. olides84

I'd recommend just getting to the point you were with him before you had to move away - which is being good friends. Cause you aren't there right now, correct? So just try to reconnect as friends, hanging out, talking, etc. Then you can try to figure the next stage, whether it's coming out to him or whatever.

8. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Thanks for the advice guys.

9. Alex19

i wouldnt tell him that u have a thing for him. it could end up very badly and possibly comprimise your friendship.

what i do think is safer, is to (when your ready, of coarse) just tell him that u think/know u likes guys. after that, its really in his hands. if he continues to say things that hint that he may like u too, then u may have something to work with... :slight_smile:

10. j1013

j1013 Guest

i think you really need to just reconnect first, because if that doesnt happen, then things are going nowhere. If you do, you could come out to him (assuming you arent already) and you would be able to guage from his reaction if there is any chance of something happening