1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone that i came out to I have now found out is gay and likes me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LEOs curse, Jul 2, 2009.

1. LEOs curse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I havent really come out to too may people, mainly because i dont see much need. so this guy (guy1) was one of the few people that i came out to as i knew he was trustworthy. last week though, guy1 came out to my friend (guy2). Whats more is that guy1 told guy2 that he fancies me!

So this guy knows im gay, but he doesnt know that i know hes gay and has a thing for me. Now whenever I see him, i notice how he stares at me. It makes it so awkward that last time i saw him, i pretty much ran away. I just made some small talk and then hit the road.

I DO NOT LIKE HIM!!! but i cant say anything to him because then he would know someone spilled the beans to me on his own little secret. I just dont find him attractive and ffs! hes my friend! I dont think i ould ever see him that way.

anyone got any advice for me? it makes it really awkward since hes there usually when all our group are together.

2. -Michael-

Just pretend it never happened, live life as you would.

If he ever tells you himself, let him down gently.

I know it's hard pretending you don't know.
    But just make sure he gets a subtle message, that you in NO way see him like that.

3. RaRa

I would say use the whole subtle "You're such a good friend" or "You're like a brother to me," but I guess that doesn't work when it's 2 guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I agree with Michael in that you should just act like you don't know. If he ever manages to tell you himself then just let him down gently. It's much better then leading him on.

4. Aero

Yup, it's only awkward if you make it that way.
    I'm with the others, you'd be surprised how easy it is to pretend like nothing is up...

By the way, guy2 shouldn't have told you this info. Not cool.
    AND, if guy1 told guy2, and like a day later you are acting all weird.. he's totally gonna figure it out, and he's gonna feel like shit.
    Just be cool.
    Plus, you should be flattered :slight_smile: