1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm on Cloud 9. (: ehh, help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andrew, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Andrew

Anyways, some of you knew that I went to Chicago Pride Parade last sunday. Anyways, the parade was great and stuff, but I had to leave early to head home because of my parents. Well, that resulted in me taking the bus and train alone. I was pretty much nervous once I hit the train station. Anyways, I sat down on the train and I was all by myself (but the train cart was super crowded - since it was pride). Well, this young guy taps me and ask if he could sit right by me. I said sure, that's fine. Ehh so I noticed he had rainbow beads on, so I asked him if he went to the pride parade (stupid question, i know but I wanted to possibly have a conversation). He said yes and I was like :O So did I. Well, we talked the whole train ride and stuff. Through the talk - he told me that I was gorgeous and he definitely needs my number. By the way, he's 19 and I am 16 - so ehh. I gave him my number and I got his number. He made me feel like I was on cloud 9, because i don't know this was like the first time a guy actually said I was cute. I was like :slight_smile:) the whole time haha.

Well, a couple days after pride he texts me and says we should hang out and stuff. I was like definitely. He said, do you see anything happening between us? I was like you never know, but I told him straight out - Ive never done anything with a guy or anything. So, he's like he's only had 1 boyfriend and blah blah.

I don't know what to do. Like is it fake or what? I feel like this gorgeous guy would never like me? :/ He says he likes me for my personality and stuff. EH I don't know what to do.

2. j1013

j1013 Guest

Clearly since he texted you, he is interested. What his intentions are you cant be sure of, but I definately think you should go for it, but just do not do anything your not confortable with. Plus he said he just wanted to hang...so even if you dont hit off in that a way...It would hurt to have another friend, especially one who can relate to your situation, right?

3. Mind Freak

Cool! I think he's diggin you. And you're pretty good looking so you shouldn't be shocked that he wanted to talk to you. And you say he likes you for personality reasons so that's also a plus!

I would say just watch his habits when you're with him like if you go out if he's checking out other guys then you know he's a player but if he's all into you then you can probably be sure that it's real. : )

Good luck!

4. RaRa

Um, is there a problem here? I don't see it....lol.

Seems like he likes you. Just be careful, take it slow.

I'm sure people will give you shit for the age thing but it's not a big deal unless you let it be.

5. I say you should hang out with him and see where it goes. I do want to warn you though. Before, I do though I want to air this disclaimer: THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO MAKE YOU SUSPICIOUS/PARANOID OR DEVALUE YOU AS A PERSON. Now that that's done, here's what I want to say. Be a little cautious/wary in the beginning. A lot of boys (and people in general for that matter) can be fanciful storytellers. They'll invest a lot of time being around you and liking you and expect something at some point. This is what I want to reinforce; that's not to say he doesn't like you. He most likely genuinely does like you, and from what I've seen of you around here I can see why, you seem like a nice enough person. But the first couple of times you hang out with him be on guard a bit. Otherwise, just have fun with it.

6. jonny

Haha u guys around it's the same thing with u all oh how I'm not that good looking come on man give urself some credit ur cute and a hottie. Now that's over I would have to agree to the previous posters be careful when u first meet guys not like I would now but I'm thinking logically. A true test to see is maintain phone only contact for a while see if he can last. If he does then he's most likely into u. Or u can just go out with him but take it slow watch his advances especially when it comes to sex if he talks alot about it most likely that's wat is in it for but then again can't blame him lol. I'll have to point out that he is older than u and he probably more experienced than u but there is no garantee just look at me lol. It's ok to grill him on the first date just make sure u don't go over board and stick to public places.

7. Andrew

awwh thanks. He's been text me like everyday o_o so, its either he's a loner and has no friends, he really does like me or he really wants to get into my pants. Let's hope its the second one. :wink: I am definitely not going to go over board. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I will definitely take that into consideration. I am going to put my guard up, if he tries to like idk do something I am not comfortable with. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like that. :/ Thanks haha, your definitely sweet :slight_smile:

The thing that bothers me is the age thing in a way - like I told myself I would never date a person that is like 2 years older than me and 1 year younger than me. Oh well, I think he is a really geniune person. He hasn't mentioned sex yet or anything (eh I don't want to do that, because I barely know him.) I just don't want him to be like a guy htat just wants to get into my pants >_<

awwh thanks.

Definitely agree with you. Thanks.

8. Alex19

go out with him u lucky bastard!!! i wish i had a hot guy give me his number... :frowning2:

9. Kaim

Kaim Guest

Like others have said, definitely take a chance and go out with him! That probably doesn't happen to many of us so you've got a golden opportunity here to experience a relationship, among other things. Can't really say any more than that since I have no experience with love, but good luck and have fun! :slight_smile:

10. Andrew

Awwh thanks! :slight_smile:

awwh haha. well he approached me, but then I started having a conversation with him. :slight_smile: I am going to take it one step at a time. :slight_smile:

11. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there is anything to worry about. I mean, he complimented you and he has contacted you, he is clearly interested. As everyone else has advised I would give it a go. Take it easy, have fun. He seems like a genuine person. :slight_smile:

12. acorn7

Awesome! :grin: It all seems good from here, just get to know him and see if it clicks :slight_smile:

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I basically echo everyone else's thoughts. Be a little cautious, though... gay boys can be slutty, and sometimes will say things (like "I've only had one BF") that aren't completely true for the purposes of furthering their interests. And I consider it a little forward for someone to say in what's essentially a first text communication "do you see this as going anywhere" because, based on my experience in talking to other gay teens, that is often a euphamism to indicate they want to get in your pants.

I'm not in any way suggesting this guy is doing that, but I'd also just say keep your guard up. If you're feeling comfortable and ready to have a first sexual experience with someone you don't know all that well, then I'd say go for it, but try to be cautious about expecting it to be a big, longlasting thing... it might be, but it might not, so if you enter into it with a mindset of "I'm just going to take this and see where it leads" then you can have a great experience without setting expectations and getting badly hurt.

14. Andrew

mhmm, matter of fact I'm talking to him right now lolol.
    I sure hope it clicks :wink:
    I definitely understand where your coming from. That's what I am kind of nervous about, because I haven't known him for a while and stuff. He hasn't said anything about a relationship, but only mentioned being friends and stuff (Which is great) :wink:. He does mention like, oh yeah if you WERE to be my boyfriend blah blah.

I can tell you right now, I will NOT have sex knowing him for a week - maybe like 3 months or more, but definitely not now. :slight_smile: I will make sure to keep my guard up, and hopefully I don't get hurt. :/

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Andrew,

Sounds like you're feeling pretty grounded about the situation. Relax and enjoy the experience, listen to your gut, seek input on anything you're unsure about, and you'll do just fine :slight_smile:

16. secret garden

Yeah Andrew, you should take it easy, relax and just be yourself.
    Take some time to get to know the guy, don't rush and hopefully you guys will click :slight_smile:
    I wish you much luck and keep us posted! :icon_wink
    Oh and it's very smart not to rush with sex!
    Don't worry if he tries to make a move, just tell him you're not ready yet.
    He'll understand if he really cares about you.

#16 secret garden, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  17. Andrew

Update: Dani and I are off to hang out tomorrow at his house and watch some movies. So, Ill tell you all the details tomorrow x]

Okay, ill make sure to loosen up :slight_smile:
    mhmm! Thanks!

18. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey! I wouldn't worry so much! Sometimes you have to go with the flow and hope things work out. Instead of worring over why he would want someone like you you should just relax. whenever people get together they have a habit of wondering how they ended up with the other person. At least in my opinion.

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, he wouldn't have asked for your number if he didn't like you, and he definatly wouldn't have followed up with a text if he didn't like you.

But, like you said: He is 19 and you're 16.