1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon lost a great friend and glbt activist!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by beckyg, Jul 3, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. pirateninja

I don't quite know what to say. The loss of a life is always sad, but particularly so for somebody who sounds so compassionate and caring. :frowning2:

3. Amy

Amy

Basically this.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's true Holly. One thing I can say about Bonnie is she lived her life with passion and compassion! She stood up for what she believed in and she did it with love and respect. God only knows how many hearts and minds she changed. She is an inspiration to me and others who are following in her footsteps. :slight_smile:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I did a google search today for articles about Bonnie. I found this blog which I think is a very nice tribute. This woman was teaching a class at the same conference Bonnie was attending when she was killed. I especially like the last paragraph.

"The other connection that struck me last night was the clarity about what’s important. When people were remembering Bonnie, no one said, “What a beautiful house she had,” or “What fine clothes.” They remembered her spirit, her dedication, her passion—things that don’t add to one’s carbon footprint. As I try to figure out how to wrap up a workshop on the Serenity Prayer, I’m left with the thought that in addition to grief, the loss of a friend can give us clarity about our priorities and our purpose."

You can read the entire post here:

http://imperfectserenity.blogspot.com/2009/07/remembering-bonnie-tinker.html

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

We're losing one of our 7-10 PFLAG members here too Becky. There's an older gal (MAybe 50 tops) who's dying of liver failure and doesn't have the money to fix it. :frowning2: Rumors have it that it is Hep C. :frowning2: And it's going to be a rocky end for her as it won't be fast and it won't be painless. It's kinda sad as I like her. I honestly don't think she'll live another year.

7. silentsound

I think this is certainly something we can all learn from. (*hug*)

8. antarranger

The world needs more people like this.

9. Étoile

I don't understand why all the good people die so early while the bitter live on and on! I didn't know about her until this happened, but I wish for a speedy emotional recovery for her family and friends. Sad to see such a good-hearted person leave us. :icon_sad:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really too bad to hear. It's always the good people that have to go.

11. Mickey

I'm sorry to hear this,too. It's true,it seems the good people go way too soon.
    Her life was not in vain. She helped so many people and for her love & kindness,she will forever be remembered.