1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I deal

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jonny, Jul 4, 2009.

1. jonny

So like most of u on here. How do u deal if u are like majorly crushing on the guys or girls on ec. I'm like going into stalker mode here lol jus can't deal with he hotness around here lol. Need help getting over the fact that I will probably never mee anyone here due to distance, I have accepted that fact, but it doesn't seem to help

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Well I've never had a crush on someone on here but may I suggest treating it like any other crush you need to get over. Perhaps just go with it, to a ridiculous extent too. Like over like the person, make yourself think about them non-stop like any other thought would be blasphemous. In my experience you'll eventually get sick of the person and not even want to see their face just because your tired of thinking of them. It works better then the opposite too because when you try not to think of someone they seem to become the only thing you can think of. Of course if that doesn't work you could always take a break from talking to the person on here, maybe try and forget em but not intentionally.

3. jonny

The latter is easier since he like completely ignores me but that just makes me want him more I like what I cannot have. Why is forbidden fruit so tempting.

4. jonny

It makes me feel so shallow but when I read his posts I just drool some more his personality is addicting

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well on here its real easy, I read every single one of their posts and stalk their page/pictures. In the real world hoever, it is a little more complicated. I may steal a fleeting glance or two, but other than that I just ignore it.

6. Eleanor Rigby

For the time beign I never had a crush on EC, but I think that if I did, i would do the same as I used to deal with this when it happend in my offline life.
    What I used to do (that hadn't happened to me for a while) is to cope with it until it pass.
    I tried to see the guy less if possible and to keep myself busy doing something else. But when I couldn't get away from them, I tried to enjoy the time I had with them, trying to expect no more.
    Maybe you can try to be less online for a while if it helps.
    Anyway, handling a crush is difficult and could be painful. Allow yourself to feel what you feel and to be sad, but be sure you'll find the right person for you one day, in your real life.
    I wish you all the best, Eleanor

7. jonny

Glad I'm not the only one lol

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trust me, you're not. :lol: I have been on here a month and still drool over some people.

9. jonny

Thanks Eleanor That was deep I feel better already

10. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It's hard to deal with - but you have to just tell yourself not to latch onto someone. Everyone on here has their little crushes on other members. Everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . You're not alone ^__^ .

11. Just Adam

i would say just carry on with life and focus more on things in the real world

12. Lychee

Well, you're bound to move on eventually, probably when you develop a crush on someone else :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I say don't do anything out of the usual. If you actively try to stop having a crush on them, this will mean that you are thinking about them even more. For example, if I say "don't think about the pen" you'll start thinking about the pen. Maybe try to occupy your mind with something else, but be careful that you don't associate the something else with the guy, because this also won't help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Just keep busy :slight_smile:

13. jonny

Sounds like u have personal experience in the matter

14. Lychee

Yeah, I've had crushes on quite a few EC people in my time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: