1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by angela, Jul 5, 2009.

1. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    Im 16 years old. I'll be 17 soon. Ive been dating my girlriend for almost 2 months now and she understands that im not out to my family. My school friends all think that im bi but im really beginning to think that im gay. Anyways my sisters both know but thats it family wise. My mother is very strict and has said numerous times that if i was gay she wouldnt let me stay the night at girls houses, i think she is figuring out about me but i havent confirmed it. My plan is when i turn 18 next september i will move out and then tell her. As far as my dad and all other family members how do i tell them without making it a big deal. My family is ok with others being gay but i dont know how they would react to me being it because they always make jokes about gays. I just dont know how to bring it up to my dad. My parents are divorced so i see him every other weekend and i hate hiding this part of me but i know that ill never be comfortable with my family knowing. Is there any solutions as to how to fix this? :\

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since your sisters know about you, perhaps you can bring them on board. Ask how you might approach various members of your family with this information.

For those you don't think will really have a problem with it, you can always use your girlfriend (topic-wise) to broach the subject. "I'm really happy I found Michelle. She's everything I wanted in a girlfriend."

Lex