1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SailingKoala, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SailingKoala

Ok, so A while back I posted a thread "Trust - Relationship Advice" , and it was my BF having trust issues with me and thinking i was cheating on him, since then we have sorted that issue out and all has been going well. But a couple of times when we have been chatting on MSN we have ended up having misunderstandings through reading different things into what each other write. It has now become myself that is having serious trust issues with him.

Since the incident that made him think I was cheating I will always text to tell him when I should be home and it seems as if I have become the one that lacks trust though.... I always let him know where i am, but he never lets me know where he is, and often comes online to chat hours after we planned to chat. When he does it then seems that I have done something wrong and he is always short with me.

I have found myself continually worrying that I have done something when I haven't or that he is just about to break up with me - A couple of times I have worried myself crying to sleep and then when it has come to the next chance we get to see each other I have had a lump in my throat about what will happen when we see each other.

I am Very Happy with Him, but starting to get this constant nagging feeling that he just doesn't want to really be with me or let himself be happy - which is bringing me down to the same status.

Going to see him and be with him over the weekend, but he has said he wants to have a serious chat about us.... I feel like I might be a lamb walking into the slaughter house and I just don't think I will be able to deal with it.

Any Advice welcome, because I'm lost this being my first relationship.:help:

2. erod123

dont second guess your relationship everything might or might not work out. you just have to think positive hope for the best not the worst k:slight_smile:

3. jonny

Trust issues are the worst once they show up, they don't stop. From what u said he does seem distant have u tried talking to him about it, just state ur case sometimes genus not aware of what he is doing to u. If he does try to end it convince him to take a break if u really think it's worth it. Just be positive as erod123 says and hope for the best.

4. j1013

j1013 Guest

I dont know, maybe sometimes you just have too know when to let go, If this trust thing isnt going away can you honestly say you'll ever have a good relationship? You sound asthough it has been getting you down and being with someone should not make you feel this way.

It is pretty evident you need to have a serious chat, so even if he doesnt say anything that will rock the boat, maybe you should tell him how you have been feeling. You need to sort things out and get rid of the tension if you are going to more your relationship forward.

5. mattblack

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tend to read too much into things people write, let my imagination run over what is actually meant in emails and texts etc. I found a real simple solution; don't email; call. Don't text; call. Don't chat on MSN etc; call. It's amazing how much of a better idea you get about people from talking to them on the phone and the price of the call is such good value for the information it gives you.
    Odd emails etc are fine once things are back on track, but the value of a genuine conversation seems to be sorely missed these days and can solve so many problems we make for ourselves.