1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

28 and tired with myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spankys1981, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Spankys1981

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    what can i say, i'm 28 and, now, i'm just facing myself. i have been SO ignorant since i was 17 and i have had more than enough.

i am lost right now; with who I can talk to and what i can do. I know this is all obvious to everyone.

But i am alone and i would Love it if someone would reply back .

2. Just Adam

hi and welcome :slight_smile:

dont worry here you will get chance to chat to people and help find yourself :slight_smile:

if you ever need to chat drop me a line :slight_smile:

3. j1013

j1013 Guest

Well you are in the right place! you can talk to everyone here! Until of course you feel comfortable enough to "come out", if that is indeed what you would like. What is it in particular you are struggling with? are you lonely as in not a lot of friends, or are you just yearning for that special something which is getting you down?

4. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

First off, howdy! Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

Second, you're utterly, utterly wrong. Too blunt? Probably, but I can say with absolute certainty it ain't obvious to everyone. I myself am coming out now, after being in the sort of place that you describe, and certainly appreciate when you sat you're feeling lost.

But for me it's getting easier, in large part because of this place, so hopefully this'll be the start of clearing things up for you.

Hope you find what you're looking for here :slight_smile:

5. Mugwump

Hi :slight_smile: Things get better. EC is a good spot to find support - everyone here is great. Here, have a (*hug*)

6. Bryan44

Hey there! Welcome to EC! Everyone here is really nice and always willing to listen. I hope that we are able to help you! :grin:

7. jblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome! Don't worry about your age, everyone realizes & goes through this at a different pace. You've done the right thing by joining the site - have a look around a realize that your not alone!

8. Aero

Yeah, you're definitely not alone here.(*hug*)
    I'm 27, and I sometimes have those same feelings.
    EC helps a lot.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave: I'm Lexington (or Lex for short), one of the advisors here on EC.

You don't get into many specifics, but I'm guessing the "not out at all" might have something to do with it? Would you like to elaborate? You can either post here, or if you'd rather talk one-on-one, you can click on my name to the left there, and send me a private message. Either way, I think we can help get you to a better spot. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome!

No need to feel alone. A lot of us have been through the same thing, and I can tell that for most people, things eventually changed for the better!

But I would agree with the others. Tell us a bit more about yourself, or ask some questions, and we'll see what we can do to help!

11. Mickey

Welcome to EC. I'm glad you found this site.

12. EM68

Welcome to EC.:smilewave Don't worry about your age. I found EC last year when I was 39. At the time I was totally lost, confused and depressed. I did not know where to go and what to do. I stuck around and it helped. I have come out to my family and some friends. Now I have a wonderful life.

Stick around read some posts and if you like get more specific with your situation so we can give you advice and support. Now just breath and relax. Things DO get better.(*hug*)

13. Doreibo

Hello there!

First off, welcome to EC! Now to your problem. Alot of people have trouble with their sexuality. Some find out about them sooner than others. Some deal with them faster than others. But there is the other side where people solve things slower and later. It is nothing to get too worried about however. Sometimes in life we cannot foresee where our lives lead us. Sometimes we cannot begin to fathom what it is that awaits us or how we will become in the future till it really happens. To become a member of society is one of those things that can change and dramatically effect you. To discover things about yourself years after that is normal. Especially when it comes to finding something out about yourself. it becomes something similar to learning how to speak all over again or walk. It is entirely alien to you at first but now you already have set morals and ethics and your own personal nature set into your mind. The issue is that what you find within yourself might conflict with these *ideas* and morals. It is here that we encounter the most difficulty and hardship. Change, is scary, alien, new, but we must accept it and help it on its course, or fight and drown. Please, feel free to ask every one about your various issues. Despite us being a small and mostly inexperienced community we each have our own story to tell, our own experiences, and our own advice. As a collective, I hope we can help you in any way we can. Good luck, and please remember, we are here for you.