1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dnt know wat to do anymore :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Witchcraft, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:eusa_doh:well ive been thinking about coming out to my mom lately ,but im not sure if i should or how to come out to her beacuse she can get like really mad at the smallest things so im not sure how she would take it if she found out that i was gay, for some reason i feel she would slap me across the face and yell at me for hours.i know she has had gay friends before but i dont know how she would react if her son was.I told this to a friend of mine a few days ago and he told me i should wait cuse this could just be a phase but i dnt think its a phase cuse ive felt attractions to guys for some time, especially now any tips on wat i should do?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

If you feel attractions to guys, than most likely, you're not heterosexual. You're what I like to call heteroflexible. And there's nothing wrong with that.

If your mom has gay friends, that leaves open the door for you at least. On some level, she's going to be accepting. Having gay friends is a good thing because that means homosexuality on some level is normalized and if she realizes you're gay as well, you may meet with an unexpected pleasant reaction. I don't think she'd maul you over telling her. But this anxiousness is very typical of every coming out. :slight_smile: Go for it. I know you can do it Epidemic! :thumbsup:

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Thanks!:slight_smile: i think i will come out to her but i wanna wait a few months 4 maybe i just wanna get enough courage to tell her.but i dnt knoe how she will react. :/

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no rush :slight_smile: I wouldn't suggest putting an exact timeframe on it (like "I'll come out in two months"), just give yourself time and see how your feelings about it evolve. I've heard plenty of stories from people who thought their parents would freak and ended up taking it pretty well (myself included), and if your mother has gay friends, that's also a good sign. The "phase" thing is pulled out by a lot of straight people who don't really understand, but your own judgement is what you should trust.

5. acorn7

If you're confident you prefer guys (and it looks like you are), I would get the courage to tell her when you feel ready :slight_smile: She's had gay friends in the past, so I'm pretty sure she'll accept you for who you are. She may be surprised or scared for you because she thinks your life will be harder than if you were straight, but that's normal. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. twixy30

i told my mother and i thought she would be mad she too had many gay friends but i was still scared to tell her but when i felt ready i did tell her and she did not hate me and she did not say it was a phase. she may not be 100% ok thats cuz im her daughter but she still lovrs me and she said she will stand behind me in what ever i decide so i will hope that it will be the same fore you good luck and take your time there is no rush

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

thank you 4 ur support but there is still the question if i should come out to my grandmother she is a bit homophobic though :frowning2: and we rarley get to see her because she lives so far away from us and im like her favorite grandchild

8. Norwegian91

I think many people wait for "the right moment", but honestly I dont think that moment will come. What I did was that I told mum that I had something important to tell her in the car(we were going for an hour drive to some friends. When we got in the car she asked me what this important thing was, and I tried to talk my way out of it. But she insisted, so i told her. And that felt so good. The rest of the drive she told me all about how much she still loved me and so on.

I planned not to tell my grandparents as they are members in the conservative party and really homofobic. And I was their favorite, so I didnt want to dissapoint them. However, during a family meal someone said too much and my grandparents started asking questions. I told them I were gay, there were a few minutes of silence and then they said: Well, if thats who you are then thats great. We love you, no matter how you are.

So till now all of my comng out stories end positively, and I hope they do for you as well!

Good Luck!
    Erik

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I read this somewhere here

It's ready to come out when staying inside is worse than the outcomes of coming out.

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't rush it. Do it only when you feel right.

And what Jack2009 said is so true.