1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, how do I delicately ask him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by malachite, Jul 12, 2009.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, at an outting I see this guy. He's kinda cute. I think he keeps looking at me. So, my question is this, since I'm still kinda new to this whole gay scene: How do I ask someone if they are gay, or even into me, in a subtle way?

thanks all

:icon_redf

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well, a way that seems to work for me is to notice when they're staring, turn quickly and smile at them in a flirty but not overly hookerish/"I'm desperate!" way. That make sense? Or, you can just ask them, but that ones harder in my opinion. Rarely anyone asks if you'll be their BF directly anymore, sadly. People take such roundabout ways to ask. :slight_smile: Go for it!

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Enigma. I should have asked you directly.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You're welcome. :kiss:

I forgot to finish my point on the first post though. If after you throw him the smile and interested look, he smiles back--than he's interested. guys don't smile at other guys usually if they're straight and especially if they're strangers. Just doesn't happen, usually. Look for the expression on the other person's face, that should be your clue. :slight_smile: