1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fears proved true

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Jul 12, 2009.

1. dudethere

So Im a 14 year old gay boy and have been out for a little under a year. My parents know and didnt take it well they stoped talking to me and now are in deep deep dinile (sorry about the spelling) and keep presuring me into dating girls. Today I heared that Kris Allen the American Idol winner was gay and told my dad this and he responded with " DOsent anyone like girls anymore god." I wanted to cry and yell and scream he knows Im gay I told him but he just wont belive me. I dont know what to do I need advice please.

2. iluvmc4ever

iluvmc4ever Guest

Hmmmm... well I'm not sure how much I can help really but I'll try. Lol.
    First, just give them some time. Maybe they haven't warmed up to the idea that the son they've known for so long, is gay. I know a year may seem like a while, but in the long run, it really isn't.
    Also, simply communicate. If they say something that is hurtful to you, speak up. It may not seem like they are listening, but it might make sense to them eventually. Have a heartfelt conversation them. The only thing you can do is try. But remember to try to stay as calm as you can. The last thing you want is another argument.
    But above all, remember that no matter what they will always love you. :slight_smile:
    I don't know if that really helped at all but I really hope it did. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think because you came out so early (13?), perhaps your parents have a harder time taking it seriously because... quite frankly, parents don't like to think of their 13 or 14 year old children as sexual beings.

Since you're already out to them, I think the next time they suggest you date girls, you can just calmly and quietly say something like "Mom, dad, we've already been through this. I'm gay. I don't like girls. You can keep saying "date girls" all you want, but it won't work because I'm not wired that way, and I need for you to respect that. If you can't, then please just don't talk to me about dating at all."

4. matty123

yeh you are a bit young, so its not that surprising your parents haven't totally accepted it, i dunno, continue being who you want to be, don't let anyone sway you, hopefully your parents will learn to accept better, just give it time mabye?frustrating as that may be
    mat

5. shireguy

gratz on coming out to your parents:eusa_clap even when i still haven't:bang:. My advice is not to be so conscious of what other people think of you, your no different to anyone else some people have to realize sexuality is like music some like punk some like pop it doesn't matter we are all equal

6. Eleanor Rigby

Give your parents time.
    You came out at a very young age. It's a great thing that you had been able to come to terms with your sexuality so young, but at your age, your parents still probably consider you as their baby. They were probably not ready yet to think about you dating girls, they were even less ready to think about you dating boys !
    I suggest that you drop the topic for a while. You told them, that's great, that doesn't mean you have to remind them every single day :wink:
    If they pressure you to date a girl, just answer that you're not interested with girls and that you might instead date a guy. Aside from that, just be yourself. Hopefuly with time, your parents will realize that they have a gay son and will be fine with it.
    Take care, Eleanor

7. Fiender

...Kris Allen was gay too?

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I think the OP read something on some blog or somewhere that was just somebody's conjecture, or hope-o-meter. :slight_smile:

I checked the Google News archive on that and couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

9. Shevanel

He's actually married to his Girlfriend of 7 Years or something according to Wikipedia.