1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shy and bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kelso, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Kelso

I'm pretty sure that i'm gay for girls...but I'm still kind of attracted to some guys. I've spoken to my mother several times about being gay or straight, and what she would say and act if i ever was(which i am lol). She's very excepting of being straight or gay, she has plenty of gay friends...but she just doesn't understand being bi. I've tried to explain to her what "I think they feel". even though i talk to her about everything, i just can't tell her the truth. The only thing i also can't tell her or make her understand are my strange hobbies and things that i like. like, for instace, anime with crossdressers, mixed bisexual feelings/ love, etc...

I would never even think about talking to dad about this stuff. it's not that he is against it...but he would make fun of me being bi or gay. he likes to tease and annoy me. he never really understood me, and he constantly is saying sexist things just to tick me off.

Can someone please help me make mother understand? Any good metaphors, or stories? or maybe some one could cheer me up...I've had the biggest crush on this girl for two years :icon_redf ...but I'm too shy to even talk to her.It's like acid is eating up my heart when I try to think of her ever going off to college.(which is going to happen in a few months!) She is a lesbian, but I don't know if she would ever like someone like me.

:help:​

2. littledinosaurs

Tell your mom to think of sexuality like Ice cream.
    There are usually two 'main' flavours; vanilla and chocolate.
    Some people choose vanilla as their favourite.
    Some people choose chocolate as their favourite.
    Some people like them both equally, why should you chose only one ice cream flavour to enjoy if you like them both?
    It's the same thing with someone who is Bi/Pan/Omi Sexual.
    They have the capacity to enjoy all expressions of gender and they should.
    There is no reason to chose one side.

Also don't think of sexuality as being based on your gender and what gender you are attracted to. We focus too much on "I am A and i like B" Which is what throws people off a lot.
    You are a person who likes other people, it's that simple.

3. twixy30

im am bi and my friends always tell me you love who you love and if it a boy good if it a gril good but who ever you choose love them with all your heart so dont worryer about the word bi its just a word good luck

4. Jekko

You tell your mother that sexuality isn't the issue. In fact there is no issue. Tell your mom, "mom..love is universal, it doesn't matter who you love as long as you're happy." :]

5. biisme

Ask your mother why she likes men. Ask her what she thinks a relationship consists of. Then tell her that you feel like you could be with both men and women.

Love does not have to be either or. Love can be both and all.

6. Kelso

thank you all so much. i feel better about telling my mom. but still, i dont think that i will be telling my father anytime soon.

7. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you? It took me a long time living to figure out what you have articulated so well. Nicely done!

8. JakeBHT

*sign* the number of grils I have fallen for in my time!
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

9. JakeBHT

At least your mother accepts some sort of "Gay stuff" at all, my mother seems completely opposed to it probably cause she is tryig to impress her homophobic boy frien martin (spit).
    yeah pritty good guys below, I have nothing to add!

10. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This a great analogy, though just like sexuality, I don't think you chose a favourite, you just like it better for no reason other than that and I'm not sure using the word 'choice' is a good idea in this situation...

11. littledinosaurs

Very Good Point. I'll have to reword it with future use.

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Aww, (*hug*) I think littledinosaurs's analogy is a very good one. Maybe you could just suggest to her that bisexuals can see beauty in men and women, and simple private parts aren't going to put them off either way? I think she'll come around eventually (*hug*) As for the other things, or telling your Dad, I'd save them for later. What matters most is that you feel happy and confident in yourself, and hopefully your Mum will support you soon too.

I'm really sorry about your crush too. It's very common to be nervous about talking to people, but one day you will feel more confident and then, at that right time, you'll find someone really special and right for you. (*hug*)