1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I need some help with life...stuff.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jul 13, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

I really want to move out of quebec, preferably to ontario, as close to Toronto as possible. I feel like I'd have more opportunities job-wise in any province other than Quebec, because my french is very bad.

I know a few things. I wanna be a freelance worker at this point in time, which means i might not have work all the time, and I'm perfectly okay working at a retail store while I try to get gigs [literary magazines are my primary focus atm]. Also, I know that for the time being I have no interest in going back to school. I wanna experience life outside of the classroom, then go back if I really want to.

In all honesty, my goal is to have a small business vegan bakery type thing going by the time im 35-40. For all I know, the vegan bakery idea might change. it changes on a weekley basis. But I do really wanna open some kind of small business.

At the moment, im working at Chapters making 9.45/hour. If i transfer to another store, does anyone know if my pay will stay the same, or will it go down to minimum wage once i switch to another coles/chapters/indigo?

I just gotta get out of quebec, I hate being viewed as a second-class citizen because I'm english.

any advice on moving out-of-province would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jekko

Hi, i can't really help you out since i live in the U.S. but i have a feeling that if you talk to the owner of the Chapters in Ontario about how you worked in Chapters before with a salary of 9.45/hour, i'm sure the owner will reason with you. AAw, i want to go to Quebec for vacation sometime how is it there>?
    Anyway, you just need to have more confidence in yourself and be more secured about your choices :]

3. MusicIsLife

Quebec is really pretty :slight_smile:

If you wanna go on vacation here, go to montreal in the summer, theres tons to do. And old montreal is gorgeous, all the old buildings are still standing and its really fun to explore, and one of the best cities to get hopelessly lost in :slight_smile:

& thanks, my mom suggested that I have 1500$ or so in the bank before I even consider moving...we'll see.

4. Jekko

Wow sounds thrillling. I can't imagine how beautiful the old structure of the buildings look.
    I agree, you always have to make sure you're monetarily in good condition. I mean you know what they say, "money is everything" which we know it isn't but you get my point.

hey i wish you the best of the best of luck!

5. MusicIsLife

Thanks! I'm gonna head off to the closest mall either tomorrow or sometime this week, i need a second job, and hey...maybe this time I'll get lucky.