1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend and I

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nothingmaker, Jul 14, 2009.

1. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a little crush on one of my childhood friends. Well he is straight and he doesnt know i have this complicated sexuality i havent figured out yet. I would gladly give up my feelings for him to keep our friendship, but everytime i see him or when we hang out, i always feel a strange feeling for him. Well he knew about it 2 days ago and we haven't talked until today. i dont know if hes avoiding me or im just paranoid enough to think that he really is avoiding me. I havent called him anyway. Im about to but i dont know what to say. Help......

2. Jekko

Don't stress too much about it. It's taken him by surprise and he's contemplating on how to react ..just like you. So if needing time alone means avoiding then he is avoiding you. I don't think that calling him is the best answer. You should speak to him face to face whenever you're ready and not paranoid. Tell him exactly what you just wrote here. :] good luck!

3. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah, i just need to leave him alone for awhile.

4. Jekko

^ yup, remember that old saying, "time is everything."

5. jonny

I thought it was ime heals all wounds. But jello is right just give the guy some time to come to u. If after a few more days contact him. It's rough falling for the straight guys we have all been there trust me. Just tell him what u told us, reassure him that u won't let ur feelings interfere with ur friendship, if he is scared. Just make sure he knows u are still the same person.

6. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    whoa...well i guess ill know what to do if we talk,...easy to say but hard to do,, lol,, well we have to face it anyway and hope for the best

7. jonny

That's all u can really hope for.

8. jonny

I know ur anxious, u want to knownhow he feels so u can drop him or continue ur friendship, but these things take to don't rush him.

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Eek! Crushing on straight guys is bad enough but crushing on a childhood friend, I feel for ya. (*hug*)

Do you normally talk and see him every day? If not, that may just be paranoia.

However, if he doesn't talk or see you in another 2 days, then you should probably assume something is awry. I don't think a phone call is the best idea either. When it comes to personal matters like this, face to face is the best way to deal with it I think. Because when using digital media (text) and phone calls where expression of body language is lost, you lose tone. And in all communication, non-verbal communication speaks the loudest.

Even though we don't look for it, non-verbal communication is what we hear about 70% of the time, not the actual words. Try to sit him down or talk to him when you're alone with him, or somewhere private. DON'T do it with people around because you'll alienate or embarrass him most likely. And it can be troublesome to find the courage to do this. It's hard; but for the sake of your relationship, it should be done.

10. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    well he should have called today, we need to be somewhere.yeah// all i can do is to wait i guess.thanks

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Actually, you can do more than wait. :eusa_naug

12. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    i dont know...it may or may not be a big deal for him.....i dont know

13. Alex19

what a sticky situation... well, i really dont know what to say, so , ill give u this: i'm sure youll figure something out. and good luck!