1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long do you have to go out with someone before you can have sex with him/her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Camman3, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Camman3

In your personal opinion, of course?

I'm very interested to see your answers... because some people say I'm going in too quick. My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly a month now, and we've been discussing it.

We know our parents probably wouldn't want us to have sex, but I feel it's my business, not theirs. I feel emotionally ready and I am a very mature person. I just hate lying to my parents, because we have quite a good relationship.

2. xequar

There's not really a set or defined time. Go with what feels right and both of you agree on. In the case of my boyfriend and I, we slept together and fooled around the first night we met.

3. Camman3

Lol, yeah I guess. I just want to know what you guys think anyway - not particularly pertaining to my situation.

4. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    nothing is early or too late. as long as you guys are ready.

5. hiddendc4

I would say that it completely depends on the relationship, I personally don't rush into anything of a sexual nature since it can complicate things.

6. BabyBoy

Omg that's a good question. I film my own "show" thing with my friends, I call it the "T-Baby Show" haha. We pick random topics to talk about, and this was one of our recent ones. We never really came to a conclusion, all we did was say how fast we moved with certain people. Since it was only me and my two friends, we definatly didn't come to a conclusion and wouldn't have been able to, because...well, Kenny's a virgin, Tonesha's fastest was a month, my fastest was 3 days, which I kinda sorta regret, because me and that person aren't together, and we weren't, I just had a feeling we would be, and that didn't work out so well lol. It's different for everybody I guess? When you're both ready, you're both ready, you know?

7. EM68

I slept with my first bf after a month. Then a week later he broke up with me so I wish I waited. With my current bf we have fooled around a bit but not slept together yet. We have been together for 2 months. He wants to wait. He said he would rather make love to me instead of just having sex. I am willing to wait. He is worth it. :grin:

8. BabyBoy

Aww. I like that. :thumbsup:

9. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

My personal opinion as a virgin...I suppose you're a virgin too by asking a question such as this...so my advice- for your first time it should be for love. I want to give myself (metaphorically speaking of course) to someone who wants to give themself to me. Meaning, I want to make love to someone who loves me...just wait until you BOTH know it's right. That's my opinion, only you can make the right decisions for you :slight_smile: Good Luck bud.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With one guy, I had sex with him after knowing him for six years.
    With another, I had sex with him three hours after meeting him for the first time.

Any guesses which one is my long-term partner?

...nope. It's the second one. :slight_smile:

The point to be made is that there is no real steadfast guideline to when you should become physical. The questions to be answered are:

* Do you both feel ready and eager for this? It's OK to be nervous, but the eagerness should outweigh it. If either of you feels more worried or uneasy about it than excited, then you should wait.

* Do you both know all about safe sex? Do you have condoms and lube? Do you know how to use them?

* Have you talked about what exactly you'd like to do? You don't want to both agree to sex, and then have both of you drop your drawers and wait for the other one to make a move.

Lex

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel you are ready I say go for it.
    You're 17 and you'll be an adult soon, then yeah it won't be your parent's business.

12. Alex19

awww.... that is sooo sweet!

do it when your ready. i would want to wait until im ready and that i knew i really like the guy i would b dating at the time. id prefer that he b willing to wait for me too b/c as a virgin i dont think i could just jump right into it w/o getting ready for it.

13. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose it depends if you want to make love or just have sex. I dont know....I'm one of those people that cant just have sex with someone I've just met. I sort of feel like there's a part of myself that I only share with those special people in my life. But its different for everyone, and I never judge anyone elses sexual habits...as long as it works for them.

14. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think only during marriage/union/wtf it's called at the time :lol:
    I think if the BF loves you enough, he will be with you.
    and sex, to me, is sacred. not something to just throw away.
    I want to lose my virginity to the one person who loves me the most.

call me old fashioned, but that's what I believe :lol:

15. Rorry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It shouldn't be timed, should just be when you'r both comfortable enougth with each other.

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As stated my several above, whenever you both decide you are ready to is the right time. I think it would be best to wait until you are both sure that you want to take that step in the relationship, and if both parties to be involved have agreed, then have fun.

17. Apocalypte

Erm, I've never gone more than 3 days with a new partner before jumping into bed with them...

Whatever feels right for you though. :slight_smile:

18. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    an hour...nah im kidding i don't think it's something you can time i mean it can be planned or just happen out of nowhere

19. Jekko

it depends if you're just having sex or making love

20. Cheese Love

I waited nearly four months before I had sex with my ex-girlfriend. At first she was kind of frustrated at the lack of sex and such, but I'm still so glad that I until I was really sure that I loved her. That's what it's all about :]