1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i being selfish?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by davo-man, Jul 19, 2007.

1. davo-man

Okay so i have these two friends, one called Matt (who is gay) and the other Brooke (who is a lesbian who is slightly bi).

Now the problem is that both have their own individual problems with their sexuality and both have come out to me and i am out to both of them. I can see that if they were on this forum, they would probably feel right at home and get answers to some of the questions/problems they have.

The thing is that i have talked about them and many others that they know honestly and openly on this forum and in my blog and looking at my pics and username, its not difficult to put my username to me, especially if i recommend it to them

Should i tell them about it, or just keep trying to help them by myself?

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if they are open to you, and they will respect your privacy, then hell, invite them! lol

3. 24601

Unless you're like talking about them behind their backs on here (which I don't think you are...), then since you're already out to them, why not?

4. jroakwood

well. unless youve talked shit about them on here.
    go for it!
    its always good to have new people here.
    and its an awesome place.

but i can understand your concern.
    the reasons why i havent been writing much about myself on here and some situations ive been in.

5. TeeBe

It can be good having people that you know "in real life" on here, but your concern is a good one. There are certainly things that I would like to get advice on but can't (or, rather, won't) since it involves people that...someone...on here knows. Alright, Corey knows, since it's no secret that I know him..Sorry Corey :grin:

Although talking about EC with people face-to-face is good fun. There are pros and cons. You can always get advice on touchy issues via PM...

6. CrimsonThunder

I dunno dave, when there's people you know here you might not be as honest anymore.

7. jroakwood

i have to admit. he's kinda right.
    its way easier to be speak openly and be yourself when there arent people you know here.
    thats one of the cool things about this place for me.
    i can say things here that i cant say in real life with people i know.

but thats just me...

8. Sam

Sam

well I know someone who is not really sure about his sexuality and I have been trying to get him to check out EC I don't know if it will work but I told him about it. I definitely think that you should try to get them to join, you might actually be helping them a lot. But yeah the down side would be not being able to talk about stuff that you don't want your friends to know.