1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently my boss is anti-gay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Mugwump

Today was my first experience with... I suppose 'homophobic' comments! I can't recall how the topic came about (I haven't come out to anyone yet), but yeah my boss started saying stuff like "God didn't make people to be gay", and he said something about how it's a choice. I argued with him that I don't think it's a choice. He even said the word "mutant"! I was stunned! The other day he also said "I don't understand why lesbians want to look good". What an ignorant twit!!

Just wanted to share that cos I am stunned. It's interesting having this experience now, not having come out or anything. I wonder what he would say if I told him I liked girls? I found I wanted to argue more but it's a bit hard because if I got too defensive he might wonder why... Strangely enough, this makes me almost want to jump up and down at him and say "I'm gay!! What are you gonna do about it?!"

2. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

What is this? X-MEN!!!??? BTW I LOVE X-MEN!!! LOL) No, but I really do wish you the best of luck. I'm in the same position with my family. Whether I'm bi or not (don't know) God doesn't hate people but LOVES them all. It's just harder for the hard headed ones to get it through their skulls. People are scared of change to the status quo...it's tough but I do you wish you the best :slight_smile:

3. Greggers

Well one, i would out myself, see his reaction, and then quit if it was not positive and give him a real show when i leave. I dont think i could ever work for a homophobic person who says something like "Mutants" or thinks i had a choice, or disses my lesbian friends!!! Plus, i dont think i could *not* be out even if i tried so i guess that might change things...but still, ew, i want my work environment to be positive and accepting if im going to be there awhile.

Thats just what I would do however.

Some ideas i might use if i wanted to stay closeted but try and do something...

- Purposely start pro-LGBT convo around him WITH other co-workers that you know agree. Id like to see him when his views are seen by the people around him as what the truly are, ignorant.
    - Send him some anonymous e-mails from a bogus account that tell him god knows what, i have not thought that far into the plan. I did this to my pastor and i got to see his TRUE colors (lets just say they were not of the rainbow variety)
    - Talk openly when he can hear you about going to see Bruno and how you love the fact it exposes "all the backwards thinking redneck filth" or something of that train of thought. Id like to see what he thinks of that.

I guess all that has two things in common: Further finding out what he thinks of the subject, calling him out on it publicly. Thats what im trying to get at, and ive been known to cook up some stupid and impractical plans so if they sound stupid well thats just the clock telling me i should have been asleep a few hours ago. I ramble when im tired.

Anyways, good luck! You deserve to not have to hide who you are to people, if this guy is preventing that you either have to fix the roadblock or go another route.

4. Mugwump

LOL Greggers you're funny! Yeah, I am not going to 'out myself' because I am not ready for that yet. I'm not going to be working there much longer anyway so it doesn't really matter. I did try discussing it with him, but I only work with him and one other person and the other person wasn't getting involved. Anyway, I hope you got some sleep in the end! :slight_smile:

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmmm...

this is what I would do if I were you

Not come out because I rather have the job (unless you can easily get another job), but when its time to leave I would flirt *psychologically not obviously* with him *as a girl*. Then get all his emotions fired up, and become the best thing he ever saw. Then when he's all emotionally attach to you, he ask you out or flirts heavily with you then tell him to stop, and then tell him you're a lesbian.

He will then love you, but he would get confuse, and then re consider lesbians because he cannot love one. He will either be shock, confuse, and angry or depress after losing you.

*This only works if he is not married, or he is a cheater; which then you can tell his wife, and ruin his marriage. Then leave the job because you wanted to leave, and leave it to complete chaos.

6. Alex19

mutant? thats a new one... but, i like it better than abomination! lol and fuck your boss, btw :slight_smile:

7. prester

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Homophobic bosses are nervous making. My General Manager has used the words gay and peadophile interchangeblely in conversation. So given that he thinks peadophiles should be lynched without any of those expensive trials, I think he might be a bit homophobic. (as well as verbally agressive)

Since my job, reference, accomodation and so on are entirely at his whim I think I will keep my head down. I do think that some managers with revolting opinions come to UAE simply because in the UK they would not get away with it.

At least with my less threatening housemate who is also homophobic, I remind him that if he does not like gay sex I suggest he does not have gay sex.

In short my sympathies to you for having a homophobic boss.

Prester

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>"I don't understand why lesbians want to look good"

"They still want to get laid."

Lex

9. twixy30

well i have learnd that i cant make everyone agree with me and if they something about me well i just have to learn to be a duck and let it roll of my back ill be damed if im going to let anyone tell me im not loved by God cuz i know i am....

10. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

"...ill be damed if im going to let anyone tell me im not loved by God cuz i know i am...."

DAMN STRAIGHT! :slight_smile:

11. littledinosaurs

Last time i checked Mutation is not a choice.
    So overall your boss is kind of a dumbass.

12. Mugwump

Oh wow some responses cracked me up, thanks! I should show this thread to my boss :grin:

13. nothingmaker

Out Status:
    Some people
    hey just ignore him if he has nothing anything good to say. i mean hes your office boss not your life's.

14. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    England is a .....

Nvm

15. Just Adam

1) find out discirmination in work place laws...2) out self 3) wait for comment and do him for discrimination in work place based on your sexuality...

i dont usually like playing the sexuality card... but its the only thing buisness people understand is to take their ass to court.

16. RaeofLite

I think that your boss had some turndowns by some attractive women who either used it as an excuse or they really were gay and told him off.

Then again, who doesn't want to get laid? It's one of life's highest connections to a person we love. :slight_smile:

17. 71390S

71390S Guest

Mutant? xD

Oh jesus

>.>