1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting to being "out"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Evilmonkey, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Evilmonkey

so this one is for all the guys (and girls) who are "out".
    what problems/ difficulties did you face after you came out of the closet? also, how did you feel directly after? was there a sense of liberation or did you just feel bad...
    thanks in advance..

2. 24601

To be honest, things didn't change all that much for me... at all. When I first came out to friends it was a liberating feeling. I could comment about anything I wanted and just be myself. When I came out to everyone, things didn't really change. Never in any of it did I feel bad.

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

I haven't come out to everyone but i have told about 12 friends,
    But basically all that changed was that i was aloud to say that guys were hot and stuff.
    And i was aloud to be myself, but other than that NOTHING has changed:slight_smile:
    And it does feel cool tho

4. Sam

Sam

for me its the best feeling. you feel like you are high or something. things only got better for me (with one exception). my relationship with my parents got better and with my friends I can be more open. My mom did ask a lot of embarrassing questions though! good luck with trying to come out.

5. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, I felt a sense of ultimate relief. However, I also kind of felt like an alien. It seemed like the one sentence "I am gay" made my whole life change. Things have settled down a bit, and so I kind of feel like it is just a normal part of my life. The only thing different is that it is certainly apparent there are ALOT more potentials for a straight person than gay.