1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend Needs Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skittlesaregood, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Skittlesaregood

Okay so my friend came out to her parents a couple of weeks ago and they seemed supportive up until a week ago. She came home from work and they had a chastity belt. They said they were going to put it on her to drive away evil crap or whatever.

She's living with her girlfriend at the moment, who's parents took her in. What should she do?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first thing I would suggest is for your friend to try and have a reasonable conversation with her parents (over the phone or via email) and basically say that she is not interested in a chastity belt or other such things that went out in the Dark Ages, but perhaps offer a compromise of going to a therapist (NOT a christian one, though) to discuss things. I am guessing since the parents went this route that they are probably religious fundies, and it's not easy to get through to most of those people.

If her girlfriend's parents are OK with having her stay there for a while, that may be a viable solution, assuming that her own parents don't raise a stink.

You don't mention her age, but that can have a lot to do with the situation. If she's 14, it's more problematic than if she's 17 or older.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Give her parents some PFLAG brochures.

Educate her parents that there is no evil crap in her vajayjay. :dry: That's incredulous. How old are they? Are they religious? How old is she?

We need more info.

4. Dare2bProud

Yeah. That's just strange a parent would offer their daughter that! I'm glad to hear her gf's parents took her in though, tell her to stay there for awhile.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Hell, I didn't know you could still buy the goddamn things. :roflmao:

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its good she's gone to someone elses's home. They sound totally whacko. Hopefully somebody close to them can talk sense to them.

7. Markio

Perhaps they bartered with ye olde blacksmith.

8. Aero

:lol:

First of all... a chastity belt??? WTF?
    that is messed up.
    The fact that they were kinda OK with it to start, and then did a 180 and wanted her to wear the belt makes me think that someone is influencing them... It's probably be in her best interest to find out who is giving her parents all these ideas...

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Omg that's disturbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weirdos sick freaks. No parent should have control over her genitals.

10. Zach

Well, lets back up for a moment here.... this is your "first post here" You show a grand total of "1" post in your profile at this point in time. I'd rather hear about you and "your problems" and not your "friends" problems. .....troll???...