1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My unhappy vacation that hasn’t happened yet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Double Dubya, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Double Dubya

My family is getting all upset because I’m not excited to take a family trip this weekend. They still haven’t told me where we are going because it is my graduation gift and they want it to be a great big surprise. Really I just don’t want to get too excited and then feel let down because I expect Paris and we end up going out for ice cream or something. Yes I am glad that they are doing this for me, but I’m not going to shit a kitten over it all. I have already gotten three guilt trips this week about how I am ungrateful for what is given to me, and that Mum should just give up trying to please me. She is spending money that should be going towards our bills but she thought it would be nice to do something for me. I think that if you want someone to be happy on their vacation, they should have a little bit to say about it. My family hardly even knows me anymore and we never talk so I don’t know how it will work out, I see this turning into a family feud.

Lately I’ve been wishing that I could just fall of the face of this Earth, and now I’m going to be stuck in a car with my Mum and sister who gang up and make me feel like dirt.

Does anyone here think I have done anything wrong by not being gung hoe about this?

2. GuitarGirl1350

No, you don't have to be happy over it. But you should be appreciative. Tell her how it meant alot that she tried to do something nice for you. Regardless of if you'd rather chuck them all out the car window...

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Ah,.........it sounds a bit contrived to me that you are being offered a gift of a vacation for a graduation present yet have no active participation in the planning and activities that will be attended to where ever this wonderland is supposed to be. I don't know you or your family, but from my experience something like this is essentially a lie and it is a means of having a vacation for their (mom and/or sis) reasons. Otherwise such a gift would be presented up front in a manner that you plan it and set most of the activities and they tag along or do something different. You are being essentially hog tied into something unknown and have no input or way to get out if it doesn't meet with your approval.

Sorry but from what you have said, you are being expected to buy a pig in a poke and like it. For me, it just wouldn't work. But still congrats on graduation and good luck.

4. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i dont get why you really need a vacation u cud just hang out with your family in town and be able to go to sleep in your own bed...

but your mom is just trying to make you happy atleast shes not a mom that will just forget you exist. I say you shouldnt have to act like ur gunna "shit a kitten* but just be thankful shes trying to make you happy. It may not be great with her but i think she is tryings trying to fix things with you and her.

i couldn't think of a way to say other things i wanted to add in sorry

5. jroakwood

hah.
    to be honest i wouldnt be excited.
    i suppose the most you can do is fake it and pretend to be excited?

you never know, you might have a good time.
    but i do think its sucky that it has to be a suprise and you have no say in it.

but then again, i dont really enjoy hanging out with my family all that much either.

but i totally understand why you wouldnt be excited.
    you have no reason to be jumping for joy cause you have no idea what the hell is going on.

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I so totally can understand where you are coming from. My family have many times before gone to a certain area where there are heaps of wineries... And they call it a "family holiday". o(-_-);o

Well hopefully it turns out to be a good holiday for you.