1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused need help On Relationships

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Justindee13

ok so im gay im 15. Well there is this guy i know he either 13 or no he is 14 im not sure. but hes a year younger then me in grade wise. IM in 10 hes in 9. so basically i started talking to him about things and stuff like a pysco parent we both know etc, etc. He knows im gay and he's straight. I always wanted a bf, and the other night i was dreaming about him and thinking about him the very next day. he is in Big Bear for week so i cant talk to him DAMMIT!!! I want to ask him out maybe just maybe he will try the whole gay thing becuase in my heart i thought he was for the longest time. So did other people. He so cute and likeable even though he has insane parents HAHA.
    Don't get me wrong the reason i want a boyfriend is becuase all my friends are hooked upw ith each other and i need someone in my town for me and me alone. Or else im a fifth wheel. AHHH i dont know wat to feel or how to take my feelings about this guy. Should i ask him or what.
    Srry for the long thread im just so confused:help::confused::help::confused::bang::bang:
    srry i just love the little expressions

P.S. please dont tell me im to young and in time i will find him i have heard it so many times. or anything along that line Thank You

#1 Justindee13, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's straight, then he's straight, and he's not going to have any interest in being your boyfriend. He's told you what side of the line he's on, and you need to accept that.

Lex

3. Justindee13

well he actually never told me and i know im not getting my hopes up and i understand cuase its happened before

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest being cautious. It sounds like you've already started to develop a decent friendship. But if he's already told you he's straight, and you start coming on to him, you may creep him out and lose the friendship as well. Of course you know him better than I do, but I would say tread very cautiously... don't necessarily ask him to "go out" with you, just hang out with him, get to know him better, and see how things develop. If it seems like he's showing signs that he likes you, then you could gently ask.

But... be prepared for him to say no, and if he says no, accept it and make it clear that's the end of it if you want to keep him as a friend. You wouldn't want some girl hitting on you repeatedly after you'd said you were gay, and it's basically the same thing here.

I'm sure it's tough feeling like you're the only person who isn't attached, and particularly at your age, there's a strong desire to "fit in" and be like everyone else. But that's a really crappy reason to want a boyfriend. There are plenty of people, your age and every other, who are single and happy, and there's no reason you can't be as well.

When you start to externalize your happiness, by saying that you *have* to have a boyfriend (or a car, or an ipod, or your own apartment, or anything else), you're just setting yourself up to be unhappy; true happiness comes from within yourself, and once you learn that "secret", it gives you both a happier life AND it will be more likely to attract someone to you when they can sense that you are a happy person :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

5. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You want the "tough love" truth from me? Here it is...."I'm a fifth wheel" is the worse reason I've ever heard to want a boyfriend. Wanting someone to love you as much as you love them back is the best. And I hope you find that. I also had a crush on a boy a year younger than me in high school, he was in Grade 9 and I was in Grade 10 and he said he was straight but everyone else thought he was gay, so I know what you're going through actually. Now I'm in University and while I do think of that guy now and then I know now that there is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better fish in the proverbial sea. Now, you told him you're gay. Does he seem the type to be angry if you ask him out? Like, would he resent you? Or does he seem genuinely the type that'd be flattered, if he truly is straight? Is he decent? Do you know him well enough to actually know he's decent? Or have o known him for five days or something? Do you get where I'm coming from? There are so many aspects you need to consider before you jump in.

My advice: CONFIDE IN HIM. Tiptoe around the idea of relationships, ask what are his ideas on commitment and dating, what are his views on homosexuality, bisexuality, religion, politics....not only are they conversation pieces but you can get a sense of the person more before you ask the bombshell, y'feel me? He says he's straight (but you think he might be gay)- that means nothing, he really could be straight. But if he isn't (and I hope for you he isn't :grin:) would YOU be willing to hide a relationship with him because he's scared to come out (which is perfectly understandable- Lord knows it ain't easy)- or no dice? Would you be willing to be there for him if he was there for you? Would you be willing to risk the friendship, is this even a friendship or acquaintance? Think long and hard. Weight ALL the pros and cons before you do anything. Relationships are hard buddy. I tell you this not to upset you but with the greatest hope you get what you want but to not be disappointed if you don't.

Whatever you do I wish you nothing but the absolute best. We here at EC can only give you advice, only you can make the right decisions for yourself. But I bet you will whether I said(wrote) that or not. Good Luck.(*hug*)