1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Not14LoveSongs, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Not14LoveSongs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi:slight_smile:
    (I'm bi for the record) For a while now I've been wondering if my best friend might be bi. There's been a couple of specific things that have happened that don't really seem characteristically straight, but I'm not sure. 1. There was one time we were using a Ouija board and she asked it if her soulmate was a guy or not. She wasn't kidding or laughing about it, seemed to actually want to know. 2. I had a collection of lesbian short stories (Grl2grl by Julie anne peters) and she asked me what page the one about the girl coming out and being afraid was on so she could read it. 3. I was telling her about a GSA at our school and she just got this odd, scared look on her face, like a deer in headlights lol. She's totally accepting of gay people (she knows about me) and has never had a problem with it. I was just wondering what you all thought. Any suggestions on how to ask/find out/let her know what I'm thinking? Thanks

2. Cool Beans

Based on your evidence, I'm thinking she's not totally straight.

As for how to find out about it, I would say don't. She knows you're gay-friendly since you yourself are bi. If she's bi/gay, she'll come to you when she's ready. You've just got to give her time.

3. Ben

Ben

She seems like she's questioning her sexuality and slightly confused. And she might be dropping hints like these to prepare everyone around her.

But for now you don't need to ask her or anything, she'll come out in her own time (if she is going to) and all you can do then is help her through it all.

Oh and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

4. Jekko

What he said ^
    If she's really bi, you'll just have to wait till she comes out :]

5. Not14LoveSongs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice:slight_smile:

6. JakeBHT

I am with cool beans, let her do it in her own time.