1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fallendream, Jul 19, 2009.

1. fallendream

how can i? i dont have hobbies or friends

2. Jekko

watch tv/play video games or you can excercise

3. fallendream

that nearly never helps - i just dont want to cut again but im getting stressed and scared i will

4. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi my names Courtney. I get bored easy and i always need something to do. You could try thinking of something that intrests you, and work with that. Thats what i do.

5. Jekko

gosh well try meeting new people for a chance

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trying to sound sarcastic or bitchy here, but try to find some. There's got to be something you like doing, and even being too young to drive and get too many places, I'm sure you can manage to find a way to do it. If you can figure out even one thing you like doing, even if it seems minor, keep doing it.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Work on getting hobbies and friends. :slight_smile:

We've got other threads about making friends, so I'll focus on how to get some hobbies. First, start a list. You can do it on paper, or on your computer, or in your phone. List anything that might sound interesting to you. Skip over things that are going to be extremely difficult for you to do - surfing if you live in Wyoming, for instance - but anything else that sounds like you might want to give it a try. Go all over the map. Writing? Origami? Guitar? Bowling? Gardening? Martial arts? Then, do some research. Go online, or go to the library. Read up on the hobbies, look for books with the words "introduction to" or "for beginners" in the titles. Then, jump in. Give one a try. If you need to take a class (like for martial arts), ask your parents if they'll sign you up. If your parents are like most, they'll be very excited to see you take an interest in something. Many places give a free introductory lesson to see if it's something you might want to pursue. Stick with it for a bit to see if it clicks. And keep checking other ones to see if they click, too.

Lex

8. Markio

In terms of relieving stress, you could try drinking a lot of water, taking deep breaths, squeezing a stress ball or something similar (a pillow?), or doodling. Oh, and petting soft things, like a dog or a blanket.

9. rocking23

simple:

big stress reliever = you + your hand (take the hint)

10. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

For relieving stress I do candle meditation, it sounds corny but it really works and really really well. check out this site.

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need a hobby. Find a project. This might sound odd, but: When I'm really bored I make up card games in photoshop.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just becareful not to over do it. You can hurt yourself.

13. Elven

Well normally, although to most it may have the opposite effect, since I get stressed about being and hearing gay abuse said I go and rant to the bigots on Youtube, some make quite good opponents but its really stress relieving to take my anger out on them ]>D But also I find Listening to music and fantisising very relaxing which releaves my stress aswell as finding things that make me laugh that I can relate to such as animes and anime fan flashes, also since i'm in the countryside bikerides and although it may seem childish exploring, and finding animals :3 though if your in an Urban area rather than a Rural one you may have trouble doing this... I also find origami very relaxing...

14. Synth177

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try putting on some music. This will sound kind of dumb but the only time I've cut myself is when my MP3 player died in class. I used me fingernails. I usually get vary anxious when I am not listening to music or doing something else to keep my mind busy.