1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klepto Sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Jul 20, 2009.

1. I don't know what to do about my sister anymore. She doesn't show me the respect I show her. She constantly goes into my room and takes my things. I have had to lock my bedroom door whenever I leave. My parents way of punishing her is by taking her iPod away for a week. Just recently my dad told me to just go in her room and take something of hers. That's just going to make things worse.

It's not only that but she doesn't take care of the things I let her borrow. I walked by and saw my brand new Xbox 360 with a pile of junk on top. I told her I wanted it back because she doesn't understand that she should take care of it cause it's someone elses. So she threw a fit like a 3 year old and my parents let her keep it. I just don't know what to do she ruins the things I let her use, and takes the things I don't. I don't understand how to make her stop!

2. xequar

Locks. Don't loan her stuff, and then make sure that your room and your car and whatever other spaces in which you have stuff are locked. You can buy a decent Schlage door lock for $20.

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly. And make sure nobody else has a key. Maybe put one in a safe place in case a pet slips in and gets locked in. Then a parental unit can call you for location. I gave my mom one outright when I went to school and she would just let my brother in to steal crap. Would justify it every time too.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously. Locks. One key - yours. And take your XBox back. If she wants to cry, let her cry.

Lex

5. Eleanor Rigby

I'd say first try to find a moment to talk calmly to her and explain her that it bothers you that she is not taking care of your things and that she is taking things from your room without asking.
    And if this hasn't any effect on her, lock. And no matter how much she cries or what your parents say, if she is not taking care of your things you take them back and if she shouts and cries, shout and cry louder.

6. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lock and take it away

How old is she?

If she's below 15 then she's a brat, if she's above 15 then there's some underlying reason to confront her about.

7. She just turned 15.

8. EM68

Since she is 15 I would just take the Xbox back from her room. Like Lex says if she cries then let her. She is not a baby anymore.

9. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your dad says take stuff of hers... Take your stuff back. Starting with the X-box.

10. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i don't think locks is just the answer... it will help to protect ur stuff, but it won't help ur sister get over the issues that are causin her to behave like this. u need to sit down with her and tell her how u are feeling, and ask her how she would feel if u went into her room and stole her stuff. i doubt she'd be happy! as for ur parents, they sound as though they are just lettin ur sister get whatever she wants. is this the kind of thing that generally happens in ur family?? u need to talk ur parents about how u think they treat u unfairly.

hope this helped :slight_smile:

11. Just Adam

i say if she dont give you your stuff kick her door in trash her place get your stuff lock it away and laugh at her when she crys for attention... i hate brats

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>as for ur parents, they sound as though they are just lettin ur sister get whatever she wants

This, it seems, is the major problem. They're "enablers". The parents may have skipped the "don't take shit that ain't yours" lesson, but that's no reason the OP has to pay for it. Feel free to start teaching her that lesson now.

Lex

13. EM68

Don't do that. It would only make the situation worse. If anything you want to take the high road on this. You are almost an adult if you act like one your parents will more than likely treat you that way.