1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jimmyd33, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jimmyd33

I've guess I have always felt differnt then my friends. I have always been alot more emotional and have been intersted in "girly things" like watching chick flicks. I never seriously questioned my sexuality until the past month or so. At first I got very worried about people thinking I was gay and also thought many of my friends are gay. I've been going back and forth between thinking I'm gay and straight. Also I went to a rave and tryed extacy although while on the drug I did not think I was gay I was not sexually attracted to girls like I thought I would have been nor was attracted men but I found myself meeting lots guys and even gave a guy my phone number although at the time I was just looking for friends. I have had girl friends in the past and really liked them although when my girl friend at the time performed oral sex on me and I could not finish. I have been fantising about performing oral sex on a man. I'm pretty sure I'm gay but not 100%. Any opions or thoughts would be appreciated thank you

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    Being interested in 'girly things' isn't what makes somebody gay - plenty of straight guys are into chick flicks, musicals and the like, plenty of gay guys are into cars and sports. What does make somebody gay is attraction to the same sex. Fantasies about guys are often an indication, it's true. None of us can tell you what you are, but for now, while you're figuring it all out, you don't need to give yourself a label. Just think of yourself as yourself, not as straight or gay, and let your emotions and your fantasies go their own way - often your mind needs to spend some time wandering before it finds its path.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds different than being gay...

I think you like being a feminine and girlish more than being gay. Being gay doesn't mean you're into girly things (steriotypes), but the oral sex thing is the only thing that might be gay (but it could be some wild fantasy you have).

You could be curious, but I am not sure, only you know.

But really if you're like 18 and above, you know by now.... but anything possible.

which one do you see yourself getting arouse by

woman

man
    ----

I'm 100% gay; with a liking to Lindsay Lohan.

#3 Jack2009, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Whether you're gay, straight, bisexual, or something else, it is perfectly natural to question yourself and explore yourself. I know everyone says that, but it's really true, and something the twenty-first century really needs to understand. How can you know yourself if you don't understand yourself?

You can always talk to me, or any number of people on here: hoping to hear more from you.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

THe above poster is very right. It's okay to question and to think differently about your sexuality, despite how many others will tell you it's 'wrong'. And if you're fantasizing about men, I'd definitely say you were not heterosexual but a term I like to call heteroflexible. Have you had intimacy with a man yet, may I ask? Also, when you masturbate, is it women or men who are most prevalent in your fantasies?

Anywho, welcome to EC! :smilewave

6. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i wouldn't bother to put a label on yourself in terms of sexuality. but when u say that u like girly things, that doesn't automatically make u gay. think of david walliams, one of the most camp guys in the universe. he's straight! that's more of a question of personality than sexuality. do u fancy guys or girls is more of the question u need to ask urself. u might be straight/bi/gay but it doesn't change who u are.

7. Bevo

Let me tell you..i am in the same boat and its going to be a long road for all of us. The important thing is to be who you are and dont go by stereotypes or what you think someone should be. Feel free to message me if you want some support.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

You don't say how old you are, so it's tough to give too much advice. It sounds like maybe somewhere in the 17-19 range, so I'll go with that for now. :slight_smile:

A lot of people don't figure out their sexuality until later. I didn't realize I was gay until I was 20. And yeah, it'd be nice to know so you could start chasing after guys or girls or both. But honestly, there's no need to rush. EmptyClosets offers the "not sure (still trying to figure it out)" option for a reason. :slight_smile: Let that be your sexuality until you figure out. Wait, date, masturbate. Hang out here and chat with some people. Eventually it'll all make sense.

As far the gay thing goes, don't fear it. Yeah, it can be scary, but it's scary in the same way that moving to a new city is scary - it's unfamiliar territory. Know that most friends tend to be cool with it (although you may get a dumb question now and again), and that if you do end up being gay, that will not preclude you from living a kickass life all across the board. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. jacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just because you like girly things doesnt mean ur gay.

i play multiple sports, watch nearly everything ESPN has to offer, am a pig when it comes to food and hate chick flicks.

i also LOVE musicals and theatre. I like dressing a little preppy. and yeah i can be a little sensative.

its really good that ur exploring this but dont do it for the wrong reasons

10. Jekko

My brother-in law likes to rent chick flicks and at first i'm like what's that? he's like girl movies.. and i'm oh and he's laughing.. and next thing you know we end up watching chick flicks for weeks. SO straight guys secretly like chickflicks lol

11. jimmyd33

I should also tell you that recently several beautiful and sought after girls have thrown themselves at me and I didn't take it any where. Because of this many of my friends think I'm gay seem to avoid me.

12. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ wow

I would be dating with the prettiest one just for the fun of it.

Last time a girl threw herself at me I was chatting with her throughout class but it was the last day of school. I am probably going to ask her out to homecoming if we get the same classes together.

She looks like a red head of Megan Fox.

(still gay but nothing matters in HS it's just for fun of it all)

#12 Jack2009, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  13. jimmyd33

You would date the prettiest one haha that seems almost cruel.

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Don't be fooled. I'm sure many straight men enjoy 'chick flicks,' but aren't allowed to say so or don't express it openly. It's heterosexism that stops them. :thumbsup:

Deceitful too.

I've had that happen as well. Don't take it anywhere if you're not genuinely interested. Nothing good will come of it. Well, it sounds like your friends are shallow, paranoid, and likely not really your friends Jimmy. I recommend gettin' some new ones pronto. :smilewave

#14 The Enigma, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009