1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom found...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by if i had a dime, Jul 21, 2009.

1. if i had a dime

OK so my mom some eho found out I was on EC and gave me the "internet saftey" speech,but also shes well knows know and right now im playing it as the converstion about it never happened and so on, but how do i talk to her about because this is NOT how i wanted to come out to her and i dont know if i should talk to her or write her a letter(which Im better at) I just need some advice!!!!!

2. twixy30

well if you think she know then it might be time for you to sit down and talk to her the only way to find out is to talk to her good luck

3. Thisisnew

Do what your most comfortable with if thats talking then talk but if your better at writing a letter then I say write the letter and see how you feel. Good luck.

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If she knows you're on here, then remove avatar, or else she's going to read everything you write.

It might be time to come out though.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a fan of coming out letters - depending on your temperament and who you're coming out to, coming out in person might end with you getting into a yelling match, getting teary and incoherent or forgetting something vital. Letters mean you can draft out what you want to say, reread, edit, and make sure you haven't left anything out. If you think it'd be better to come out face-to-face, I'd at least suggest writing a couple of things down and planning out on paper what you're going to day - not word-for-word, but a basic outline can be helpful. Good luck!

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well, I don't know if she actually knows what this site is about, but if she knows, it might be a catalyst to coming out. And that can be a really good thing. There's plenty of material on this site to help you come out and if she's already clued in a tad and hasn't had a bitch fit, then chances are, it's going to be safe. :thumbsup: Maybe you should print off some PFLAG materials and prep a speech? One's not necessarily required, but it can prove helpful.

7. JakeBHT

Perfect oppertunity, but if this isn't the right time then don't.
    Letters are good help you say things more consisly and in exactly the way you want. So whatever you want is cool just try to relax!

8. if i had a dime

Thank you everybody for the advice!! I;m might wait a little longer before i talk about or even right a letter but thank you everybody!