1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Jul 20, 2007.

1. hoping

a few weeks after my 20th birthday next year the guy i like turns 30 and i really want to do something great for him but ive asked him wants he wants to do and he said hes not really looking forward to turning 30. so has anyone got any ideas

2. justjoshoh

I wonder if he is truly not looking forward to his birthday, or if he is just indifferent about his birthday. I can't speak for him, but I realize that as I get older the whole birthday thing becomes more along the lines of just another day.

Actually, I nearly forgot my own birthday this past year. I didn't realize it was my birthday until a co-worker complained about being cited for driving with an expired license. His birthday had passed weeks ago, and failed to renew his license. I thought about it and realized that it was my birthday.

If he truly isn't looking forward to his birthday, I think you should respect that. If it is just an indifference about the whole thing, I would suggest a little romantic gesture to show you remembered and care.

3. hoping

he said that he just doesnt like getting older

4. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think 18 was over the hill, and then 25 was the living end, then thirty was time to die. I stopped worrying when I passed 40.

Perhaps you should find something that doesnt represent age or is not reflective of a particular time period or style. i.e dont get him music or fashion, or anything that pins attention to age. Find something timeless.

These days most of the magazine covers belong to Brad Pitt - he is older than me. and definately older than your friend.

take him to an old age home for a visit and then a baby ward in a hospital. have him open a present whilst he is there which has a pendant in it engraved with 'eternal'.

I am sure you can invent something to make him feel good about himself - if you didn't care about him then you wouldn't have asked your question.

Age is a body thing - it is only after all a body. Keep his mind and his spirit in good shape and make sure you treat him well and he treats himself well too.

love downboyup.

5. hoping

i was actually thinking of taking him to new zealand a renting this villa for a week or so that overlooks this beautiful lake and snow covered mountains. what do u think

6. CrimsonThunder

That's romantic!:eusa_danc

7. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes NZ. beautiful.
    wow. he is very lucky to have you.