1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Dare2bProud

I was out shopping in the mall. I walked into a store and opened a small conversation with the clerk. He noticed a musical theatre shirt I had on and told me how much he loved musicals and stuff like that. We talked for a good 25 minutes. He was very mature acting, I pinned him for 21 but he was actually 18. :frowning2: Not so good luck there. Anyhow, he's involved in the theatre world a bit here and I found him on a friends Facebook, it seems as if we have a couple mutual friends. Is it weird or cyber stalking if I send him a friend request saying that I found him on a friends page, I enjoyed our conversation and just wanted to say hello! ??? :slight_smile:

2. Alex19

no. but i would leave it at that and let him get back to u. if he does, then he must b fond of u enough to reply back :slight_smile:

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    no, but leave it at that.

Personally, I would think it's a bit strange, but nothing more.

4. Just Adam

i think its ok to say hi saw you on a friends page enjoy ed our convo the other day. then wait for him to get back and get chatting :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, two options. One - friend him on facebook. Two - go back to the mall and see if you can find him again. If so, say "I loved talking to you the other day, but don't want to bother you at work. Can I contact you on facebook or something?"

Lex

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so. I mean you didn't intentionally go out find this guy, you found him through mutal friends.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Lex's 2nd option, but if you do go and friend him on Facebook, you can always say that you were looking through so-and-so's friends list (one of your mutual friends) and recognized him and thought you'd friend him. That eliminates the stalker factor :slight_smile:

8. Sarah

i dont think it's weird at all. its like on myspace. i found a friend on "people you may know" and added them. not stalkerish

9. GoBabyGoGo

^ ^ agree.

facebook friends really dont mean very much. hell, just about everyone that i have met is my "friend" on facebook, and it doesnt mean that i really like them or talk to them a lot. people on facebook seem to have so many "friends", my friend for example has 450++, so friends on facebook hardly relate to your status in real life. Just say that you noticed you had a few mutural friends, and it doesnt seem weird at all.