1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop it, fix it, or play with it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hackingnomberr, Jul 25, 2009.

1. hackingnomberr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've already posted about this whole online friendship thing I got into and how there were obviously some complications seeing as it was online (though we were going to take it offline.) Like we talked and webcammed a lot the first few weeks and then suddenly I just kinda stopped getting anything out of him. [Short story]

Anyway, not to get into the whole thing but like the "friend" I met online sincerely tells me that he wants to be friends with me, but doesn't show it in anyway, like he never makes an effort to talk to me like he used to and kinda half asses a lot of the conversations we have. I've been thinking of dropping him just because I think he's lost complete interest and because I'm just getting hurt by the fact that I was so led on by him. But at the same time I like to think that there's something I can do to make us friends again. I've told him that I feel like we're not really friends and he goes on some BS nice guy tangent about how he really does want to be friends, so I'm really not sure what to do, I stopped talking to him for the past week and haven't heard from him at all either.

So, should I just drop him and move on?
    Message him and just say bye for closure?
    Tell him how he made me feel, though he probably doesn't care since he won't even talk to me?
    Or just talk to him like we're still friends and nothing's wrong even though he doesn't reciprocate?

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I say drop him

At first I thought that the guy didn't know how to show himself, and he was afraid that he would come across needy so he stop his communication. But after reading that you wanted him to be friends and all, he should had been happy now, and really talking with you. If he' doesn't talk now, then he lost interest in you. He is just being a nice guy about it, but he would be happy that you left him too.

If he didn't want that to happen, then it be a wake up call to him then he would try to be more communicative with you.

3. matty123

don't just drop him, i figure try to level with him then if he doesn't seem to care then its up to you what you do.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You can go the traditional route and make friends with people you meet on a daily basis too. :slight_smile: That's usually the best route as it can net you real friends and give you a better example of their personality. Plus, it's not half as awkward as telling other people you met your friends through Myspace or such. :thumbsup:

5. hackingnomberr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha, okay well I have real friends for sure, but like I'm not out so that's the whole like point of him like he's gay which is the whole reason for our friendship and me meeting him online.

Jack~Leading me on is totally not the nice guy way to go about it. =_=