1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule Hell, Worth It?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xGreenJayx, Jul 25, 2009.

1. xGreenJayx

OK,

Next semester [we start in August overe here in PR], I will be taking regular 9th grade classes and three AP classes with 10th grade. Which means I'm going to have a LOT of school work to get done, plus grades will be monitored extremely carefull. Hence I need to keep a B minus on every class. The lowest I can go is a C+.

Grades will also be monitored carefully because I'm going to New York next year with my dance academy and I start intensive training this semester as well. I'm going to be taking 12 dance classes [yes this is ALOT]. I'm happy about all the classes and i'm uber seroius about the training.

I'm going to be busy Monday and Wednesday~Saturday, taking dance classes. The physical exhaustion will be hard. But everyone tells me this is worth it. I can improve my technique, since most of the classes i'm going to take are ballet classes and Jazz.

School, Rehearsals, Classes, Shows, Tapings, Auditions,Studying, Proyects... etc. etc.

I take this as a test from the big dog upstairs, but I need advice! How can I survive all this?

Any tips? What should I focus on more? Organization? School? Dance? Level it out?
    And tips on how to not go crazy like this...:tantrum: or like this :***: or always be like this:sleep:.

:help:

2. Apocalypte

Some people thrive on such a busy schedule, you never know, you might be one of them! Be careful with your time management, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Also make sure that you have a little bit of time to relax, you'll crack up otherwise.

3. dictionary

"If you want a job done ask a busy person to do it"

It's mearly a task of time management...you alredy knew that didn't you...
    Just Prioratise things...
    But at the same time don't prioratise your friends and socilising out of you schedual....

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let your first week (or two) guide you. You of course will be busy, but see if you feel overwhelmed. If you're up until 2am every day frantically trying to get things done, if you're losing sleep and feeling frantic all the time, then you've probably taken on too much. At that point, you'll have to look into seeing what items might be able to be cut from your schedule.

Lex

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lex's advice is excellent. Here are some additional thoughts.

Time organization is really important. I had some hellish semesters when I was in college, and I worked out detailed schedules for myself as to when I was going to study a specific topic, when I was going to class, eating times, etc. I blocked out specific times for relaxation/fun/hanging with friends too, and I gave myself the freedom to shift the "free" blocks as long as I could make up the "lost" study time within 24 hours.

Carrying a planner (paper or electronic) can be invaluable. Tracking when major assignments (papers, presentations) and tests are due in your planner, and backing up from those dates so you track when you need to start the assignments is also crucial.

Learning not to procrastinate and giving yourself plenty of time to start is important.

And last... at least for me, scheduling "me" time, just to recharge, is really, really important to keeping your sanity AND maintaining your productivity. Whether it's sitting in a hot tub or sauna, working out at the gym, meditating, or exchanging massages with friends, making sure that you have time that is specifically nurturing time for you will actually help you be more focused and productive at the other times.