1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like getting into a relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anyone felt like they need to get into a relationship? I think I'm going a little mad.

2. matty123

haha like every day, especially when it feels like everyone else around you is in one and your not!

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh yeah. Sometimes when I see 2 guys holding hands I think: Lucky Bastards:icon_sad:

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah a little, but everyone or most had been in a relationship in their past.

What's also odd to me is when I look at gay couples I feel that's it's a little unnatural and strange.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not uncommon and totally natural, but make sure you recognize it for what it is. Far too many people have fallen into the trap of entering a relationship with somebody unsuitable just so they can get into the relationship. Make sure it's the right guy. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. JakeBHT

I only want a relationship with one person and she is gay so boo hoo.
    :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I second Lex. And the reason for that is peer pressure. So many people I know jump from relationship to relationship and some have a break up and find a new boy-toy within a matter of days to replace the old. I find it tactless and desperate. I think a good cure for that is to have friends, good ones. Are you lackin some good friends Jack? That could be a primary reason you may feel that. Why do you feel you need a BF?

8. Jim1454

I'll add that it wasn't until I accepted the fact that I didn't have a relationship and didn't need to look for one - that I found the right guy for me. Sometimes if you're trying too hard it just isn't going to happen.

9. Goethe

omg i am so with all of you! recently i have started feeling like i need someone and i want to be in a relationship. its hard when all of your friends are in a relationship and you r not. i mean im going to be a senior in high school and ive never been in a relationship, ive never been on a date, heck i have even gotten my first kiss. i just really want to find a guy and be in a relationship but its hard when you aren't really out.

10. Sarah

yes totally. so tired of being single

11. matty123

wow ure like my Californian equivalent!

12. Kaim

Kaim Guest

I'm in the same exact predicament as you are! I really see my friends only once a week, and on that day I just don't care that I'm not in a relationship. Other days though I find myself bemoaning that I haven't had a relationship.

13. Goethe

wow matty and kaim i seriously felt like i was the only one in that situation. good to know there are other people out there who are like me and going through the same things.

14. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

What he said ^

15. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the time, but meh.

Fill the United Centre with available, gay men and I will find the absolutely worse person for me.

I just have a lot of 'snuggle' buddies. I like someone there when I wake.

Sometime's, though, it's better to go it alone.

16. dude99

dude99 Guest

well those that said they claim that every one around them are in relationships, however even if it is true, are everyone in a relationship happy? Alot of people are in relationships out there that are not happy. Yes there is alot of single people out there and we all have our reasons being single but my advice is not to let it get to you. Dont assume that you will only be happy when you found a bf (gf or whatever).

17. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Me too, but if I was "straight" then I know I would probably lost my virginity by now with some hot blonde girl name Ashley who drinks and smokes, and ditches school. I have a connection for trouble girls, and I just like them as a person, but I am not attracted to them. But I have only been on one date at 15 with some girl (it wasn't serious but just a movie; no kissing, no intimacy, it was like 2 friends). And at the time she was the school slut/trouble girl, so everyone was kind of shock that I dated her. We were going strong for about three weeks, but no touching or anything, just gushy gushy phone calls and internet chat. I guess we drifted apart, and we broke up. She told me she needed more time, and I told okay. Then when I left her school she started crying to me before I left, with a hug. I have that affect on girls. (this is a different girl. not the girl I dreamt about in another thread)

Today I was just thinking about this, and it isn't because I want to be one because of the people, but because I want to feel love. I don't need anybody to make me happy, but I want to have the romance like on television (those aren't realistic but I want to feel it).

I am not picky, because I have nothing to pick from (not being out and knowing only one gay guy at school who I am not attracted to at all.).

I guess I'll just wait one more year, when I graduate from HS.

#17 Jack2009, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  18. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started coming out, but still haven't been in a relationship or even kissed...and I am about to start my first semester of college! :bang:

19. Emberstone

I am looking forward to the start of fall term when the Gay/Straight Allience starts back up at the school i moved to during summer term.

Does a relationship have to be sexual to be a relationship? for me, I dont think so. I am hoping once the GSA gets going again, I can atleast have a group of gay friends in my area. doesnt mean I expect any of them to turn into something beyond just friendship, but I will be happy to have friends in my area that understand/are gay.

20. Mugwump

I have started really wanting a relationship lately. I've not yet had my first kiss :frowning2: It's nice to know the rest of you feel similar! I am still only just coming to terms with the whole 'gay' thing so I don't even know if I should go out with someone. But the fact remains that I am probably not going to find someone anyway! And to be honest, I feel really beneath many people who are gay because they have themselves sorted and have more experience than me. Hmmm... and as much as I can enjoy a fantasy or two about a girl, I dare say I would be quite terrified to do anything with anyone! Oh dear.