1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

and, he's cut off completely :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kizz, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my friend had an online relationship
    they bought it into RL
    everyone was fine with it

well, the parents hated the fact he lied.
    they are completely paranoid. saying the BF's ID could be fake. saying he's part of a gang of pedos. saying I'm trying to split them up (I was helping him get through it). and trying to find any reason they can to get angry. they are just too opinionated :dry:

well, now he's banned from contacting ANYONE on his computer. he can only talk to people on the downstairs one. so obviously, it's near impossible to contact him properly or help him through this. :icon_sad:

what should I do? what should he do? :confused:

2. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Why do they think your friend's boyfriend is a paedophile? How old are them? And if they have such a low opinion of that guy why are they angry at you for allegedly trying to split them up?

I can understand at some point their concern since meeting people online can be indeed risky. But of course there are exceptions. From what you've said, I assume his parents are quite authoritative and unwilling to listen, but all the same I think he should try to talk to them about his boyfriend, tell them what he does in life - studies? jobs? whatever information about him so as to make clear he's not some mysterious man but just an ordinary guy he happened to meet online and then hit it off.

If you want to give him support and advice, can't you talk to him on the phone or get together somewhere?

3. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1)this is an online friend. he is 16, as is the BF
    2)all accusations are false. they like the BF, but they're finding any rediculous reasons to keep them apart.

they just ripped away all his privacy as soon as he met the BF :icon_sad:

4. matty123

dude you don't want to hear this but they are trying to protect him, there isn't anything you can do, and tbh there isn't anything he can do til things calm down a bit, and meeting people is a bit dangerous so i can understand their concern especially with him only being 16!

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yeah. There's no reason he should be meeting people at the age of 16. I secondly agree with his parents. It's way too reckless and unnecessary. Plus by lying like that to hide the fact that he was meeting people online, he'd totally shattered their trust and they're probably wondering who else he's met online now. And if he's got any other secrets and stuff. I'm also going to second Matty's message of...It's not really your place to meddle in your friend and his parent's affairs as you're not involved. What should he do? Fess up and apologize for lying to his parents. Try and re-earn their trust. And maybe try making friends with people in real life, not over the internet. It's a very easy solution. :thumbsup:

6. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know, it's just, he used to sorta vent it out on me, you know? and now, well, I can't
    the fact is, they've taken away ALL privacy, yet they know who he is. I just don't understand it :confused:

and also, from what I understand, they already love each other. and I mean love :lol:

7. olides84

In your other thread about this, the one that he also posted on, everyone (me included) pretty much told him to not make any stupid decisions, let his bf go back to holland, and spend time figuring out his relationship. He's using the excuse of his parents being jerks about it to want to go with this guy, but that would be very stupid IMO. And I can understand his parents, what with the lying and the fact they are both 16.

8. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know, it's just, complete social isolation?

it's just that I helped him through it stress wise, and I'm concerned at how he'll cope :icon_sad:

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn.. Ok they're obviously trying to protect but they've gone a bit too far. Maybe send an email since you wouldn't be able to chat easilly over IM.

10. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    perhaps that's the best thing to do X.X