1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Younger?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sugar, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's this girl that apparently is really interested in me BUT she's younger. And usually i don't care so much about age differences since this other girl that i rly liked is also younger than me. The difference with this new girl is first of all, yah she's cute and all but i don't rly feel a connection for her. so i would just be going for her to go for her. and second of all she's still in highschool. Now with me and most people i know there was a major change in maturity when we went from highschool to college so this worries me a little. I need someone i could communicate with in a mature fashion and no childish business. so what do you guys think? would it just be desperate of me to just go for her cause she's cute??

2. godfather

godfather Guest

well ive not had that much experince so i dont know if i have good advice but here goes!!
    i think you shouldnt if you dont really feel a connection with her!! and i dont think age should be an issue but between schools its differnt for some reason (which is stupid) i would say go with your heart not whats there i hope it works out!!:icon_wink

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Try to get to know her a little more first, you'll know straight away if she's mature enough for you or not.
    If not, get back to her in a few years :wink:

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, my experiences with younger guys haven't been good, at all. They were very immature, and they all hurt me. So I'd tell you... don't get too involved with a younger girl. However, tell me how old she is and I'll give you a better answer.

5. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya know, this may come from one of two places - either what I really think or because I am a little desperate. As long as she is not a lot younger than you, I would probably go out with her and see what happens. Some relationships I know began as just friends and built into more than that. I don't think looks can really tell us if we will like someone or not - I know some really un-cute girls who are wonderful and some very cute girls who are entirely un-wonderful.

6. SpikySpice

Everyone is right, you see, it's a didsaster to fall in love with younger people, since they havent developed much emotion or feelings. They may even dont know what the heck is love. It's really important cuz what if you fall for thsi girl and she dosent know how to love you back?

You should spend more time to get more information from her, dont be too hard on her, because she is a young girl, being immature is not a fault, sin, mistake, or whatever, that's the way they are, you cant blame her if she hurts you, but you better becareful. because she may still change her mind as quick as a blink of an eye

And the different between highschool and college is a huge idea. Since in college, you are acting more as adult, and respsect others, while in hishschool, they party everyday. You and her are in different enviroment

But you can wait till she got to college, if you like her so much, then just keep it as a friendship, dont drown yourself into a deep relationship, it's not good, uh-uh.

7. darkness

I'd be careful if you ended up not really being into her after u got past the physical do u think she could handle that.... or vise versa

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

You should focus on getting to know her better. Remember "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Her being younger shouldn't be a problem, so don't cut her short just 'cause you think she might be inmature. Give her the benefit of the doubt and take her out, just as friends. Even though the connection isn't there right now, in time something might happen. But if your thoughts were right to begin with and she is as inmature as you thought or no sparks appear for the two of you then just stay friends or just stop.