1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interracial Relationships

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brian105, Jul 28, 2009.

1. brian105

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It shouldn't be a big deal in the lgbt community and I'm not sure it truly is, but I want to know how you guys and gals feel about being in a relationship with someone of a different race.

I, personally, am more attracted to white men. When I see my future self, it is with a white man. I don't see anything wrong with interracial relationships. I was wondering if I was just seeing with a blind eye or is their a problem with interracial relationships in the lgbt community. i'm really ignorant on the subject and would appreciate good and bad comments on the subject.

2. JakeBHT

I have nothing against it, it is gender that I find confuzzzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry thats it!

3. Beachboi92

i don't see why a community that has fought for equality for everyone in relationships would be against interracial relationships. In fact i would see them supporting that greatly. It most likely isn't anything to worry about in the LGBT community, and if someone in the community hassled you about it they would be a Hippocratic so tell me who they are so i can tear them a new one for being counterproductive to the cause :grin:

4. Shevanel

5. RainbowJay

I've always found girls of all kinds of races attractive, and I also think that I can be in an interracial relationship in the future, I'm quite fond of the idea :grin:

I mean after all, it's the person you're attracted to not the race, anything can happen, and you can just go with the flow XD

6. brian105

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't had any problems yet. The problem I have is that both black men and white men try to talk to me and I'm not as attracted to the black men. And I don't talk to the white men because I didn't know if the response from people would be negative or positive. I guess what I truly need to do is not care what everyone else thinks.

7. Beachboi92

that's the spirit :grin: like i said i don't think you will get any different reaction dating interracially. That sort of freedom is the kind of thing the LGBT movement has been fighting for.

8. acorn7

I have no problem at all with interracial relationships. Maybe because I live in a truly multicultural community I find it completely normal. Non-issue for me :wink:

9. Aero

^I agree with Beachboi

There's nothing wrong or abnormal about you having a preference or a specific type.
    And I would think that there are white guys out there that are into black guys exclusively, so if white men are trying to talk to you... you should go for it!
    You should also talk to the black guys that talk to you, because you might find that your type is not as limited as you thought :icon_wink

My background is east Indian and in the past I've dated predominately white (and some middle eastern)-- unfortunately they were guys.
    I tend to be attracted mostly to those races... no idea why, but it's not really a big deal. As long as they find you attractive too, then you're on the same page! Take it from there.

10. Jace

honestly i'm more attracted to white men

but i see no problem with interracial relationships
    it's not like its the 50s or 60s anymore

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly I am not attractive to most white men, black men, Asian men.

I am attractive to Latinos, Native Americans, and olive skin white men (italians, Greeks,). And some black men that have an olive skin like Chris Brown (he's an awful guy though).

John Stamos, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, those type are my type. Pale skin is kind of a complete turn off, same with really dark skin. But it's not about race but about skin color.

Sometimes Indians from India if they are large and have a handsome face.

#11 Jack2009, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009