1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emo-ish

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Elven, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Elven

Well recently i've sorta taken everything to heart that people have said to me and if ever I do something stupid I eat myself up about it for weeks, i've never thought about self harming but I have had frequent suicidal thoughts if thats any different and I take it you all have had this kinda thing but I just feel really cut off, and no-one I have contact with in the flesh understands me..... people at school are having more serious relationships and I never want to lie to a girl and get a girl friend and hope one never asks me out..... aswell as dredding prom but I really long for relationship too and someone to hug... adults have given me advice for the kind of girl to get and keep asking if i've got a girlfriend...... hiding my true nature and keeping secrets makes me depressed but yeah sorry I just needed to rant....

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I know how you feel i always take any comment people make about me srsly.Or if do something stupid(which i usually do)i cant get over it till a few weeks later and i usually feel rlly depressed and have had thoughts like the ones uve had :/

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are girls that horrible? I'm gay but I don't care if I date them, it mostly be like two friends. I can see me kissing one out of love but not in attraction.

Anyways when I do something to stupid I force myself to forget it. Then move on.

4. ANightDude

I looked over what you've said a few times and come to a conclusion. Just so you know, not every emo person has suicidal thoughts, and not every suicidal person is emo. Just pointing that out.

You're a bit like me in a few ways, or at least in terms of eating yourself up about something very simple and uneeded to freak out over. For me, it just eventually ended, and this sounds blunt, but I got over it. You HAVE to stop caring what people think. I always did and it ate me up inside. However, when you walk down the hallway and someone throws a paper ball at you, walk by and just say to your self "I'm the bigger person, and I don't care."

As for being scared, there is no reason to be. Your worry about Prom, yet that is two or three years away. Enjoy what's going on now. If you focus on what could be negative in the future, you can never do anything in the present to stop it.

Hope that helps. :kiss:

5. JakeBHT

Try to chill dude,
    I have felt like commiting suicide for about 6 months now, and after 2 failed attempts just to say don't use paracetamol!

no, that was mean sorry:
    I figue that if I was going to succeed in it i would have managed it by now. Ha the irony the very reason I want to die is what is stopping me from doing so.

So when it comes to the prom, go with a friend like the rest of the "single population", try to just let it all waft around you (snigger at disgusting innuendo). Like "anightdude" said, let it pass. It is of no consiquence what others think about you so stop worrying!

Boom shanka:
    jake

6. Elven

Yea sorry thanks I just needed to rant but I just really can't stop worrying and I think the only way i'm sorta getting over it is by telling myself to stop being so stupid and worrying but then it loops and I worry about how stupid I was for worrying @_@ but yea I should stop thinking about what other people think.... and its not that girls are that bad I have loads of friends that are girls its just i'd eat myself up if I lied to have a "girl friend" which is another thing I should get over........... I have an over active concions and your right I shouldent focus on the future because now is whats important but I keep thinking about the future without meaning too ^^; it isn't what people do to me its what I do to others that I think about.... And no I know i'm not really a "Emo" its just thats a good way to describe it...

Thankyou for your advice ^^