1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many dates until a kiss?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MouseofShadows, Jul 28, 2009.

1. MouseofShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just wondering how many dates is good until a couple should kiss (sry if this is a lame question but I haven't really dated anyone so I have no idea about these things)

don't know if I should initiate or wait for him to...

2. Beachboi92

wait for the right moment get them alone watching a movie with them or something flirt a little and build up some sexual tension eventually they give in and you find yourself in a position in my most recent case. Some footsie, touching hands, cute innocent stuff, leaning up against them and stuff like that and looking at them expectantly. if you make a little effort you will know when :grin:

edit: well my most recent was a girl so i guess its the same though, or you could just go for it at the first opportunity :slight_smile:

3. Jace

wheneverrrr

4. JakeBHT

Just pick the right moment, you will know when it is.
    And have some guts to do it when the moment comes!

5. partietraumatic

i think whenever the moment is right. i did it on the 3rd date. But thats just coz thats when it felt right. But i dont think there would be anything wrong with first date,if the moment was right...

6. xequar

Really there is no protocol or specific rule. Just do what feels right. It's ok to ask if you're feeling a bit timid and unsure. In the course of my dating experiences, there have been some where it took several dates until we kissed or anything, and there are examples like my present boyfriend and I that, well, we met at a party, and after the party was over we were in bed together.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say the first date is fine for kissing, but only if it goes well. Don't worry too much though, you'll know when it feels right.

8. EM68

Like everyone said goes with what feels right. I went on one date with a guy and went to his place we fooled around a bit and we made out. He never called me again. With my current bf it was on our 4th date we made out. I wanted so much to kiss him and he was the one to initiate it. :thumbsup:

9. Absentminded

Sometimes even before the first date works (it's happened a few times to me lol). Just go with the flow. If it happens, it happens, if not, well, then the time isn't right.

10. Alex19

whenever its right. if its the 1st date, its the 1st date. if it takes longer, it takes longer. and if u wanna show interest, take the initiative. :slight_smile:

11. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    whenever i don't really think you can time a kiss it just kinda happen's sometime's even before you go on a date with the person

12. Jim1454

You can usually tell whether your date is a touchy-feely kind of person or not. And it certainly depends on whether you are as well.

Remember that there are varying degrees of kissing.

Maybe at the end of a first date you move in for a hug. If your head is definitely to the side, it's obvious you're just going in for a hug. See how lingering or big the hug ends up being. You can just leave it at that for the first date, or if you want, perhaps give him a peck on the cheek as you pull away.

Date 2 - repeat above steps, but make the kiss on the cheek perhaps a little longer or integrated into the hug. He'll perhaps want to kiss you too. Kissing on the cheek can very easily migrate towards the lips. That's how my first kiss with my bf happened.

Good luck!

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if it feels right, go for it. it's only a kiss

14. chonko3266

It's just a kiss... I think kissing on the first date is perfectly acceptable.

15. nevermore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When the moment is right you will just feel the urge to kiss him. On my first date with my boyfriend we both missed our last buses home but he had time to run and catch the last train so before he went I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. It was sweet, romantic and it just felt right! Don't worry about it so much just now and he might be feeling worried too!