1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating the Opposite Sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you dated the opposite sex before how did it went/felt?

I'm thinking of asking this girl to homecoming, a few dates, girlfriend if all goes well. I think (know) she will say yes.

#1 Jack2009, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. Jekko

go for it...
    my first relationship was with my first real crush and i still have feelings for her

3. shorty

Give it a go and see if you like it. I found it constantly challenging/tiring. Mostly because I didn't really want to be doing it in the first place.

4. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't because I think it's wrong to lead a girl on. What if a strait attractive guy dated you? Only to leave you in the dust.

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^^ That's why I am going to go on a dates with her, and make her my gf. It's longterm. I care about her emotionally, and mentally. I know her for about two years anyways.

I don't think she's the type to lose her virginity.

#5 Jack2009, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  6. xequar

I dated a girl for a few months in high school. Funny thing, though-we were both each other's "experiments." She came out as a lesbian after she left for college, and I, of course, took longer, but came out as gay a couple of years ago.

Needless to say, our "relationship" wasn't much of a relationship. :lol:

7. grapevine fires

I think it's like any relationship in life. If you two are compatible, go for it! It doesn't matter if you label yourself as gay, bisexual, straight or otherwise; if it feels right for both of you, then it should be right.
    Good Luck :slight_smile:

8. Beachboi92

i have only been with a girl and not a guy yet personally i loved her a lot and wish i was still with her but she just wants to be friends :frowning2: if you like her do it :grin:

9. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends if you want to date her to experiment or just so it appears that you have a girlfriend. If you think you could have feelings for her then by all means go for it. But you say you care about her emotionally and mentally, so ultimately its whether you think that you'd be better to care for her as a friend or a boyfriend. If she has stronger feelings for you than you have for her, no matter whether you care a lot for her as a friend, you will end up hurting her in the end.

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I dated a few number of girls, it failed because I am gay.....lol

11. TriBi

Well - I had quite a lot of girlfriends - and I enjoyed the relationships - but I don't classify myself as 'gay' but 'Bi' - even tho' these days I am happy single.

Given that you show your status as gay - I have to totally agree with the post made by Davo above.

12. Lychee

I've dated the opposite sex, although I doubt that counts for much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I agree with Davo, there's a high chance of hurting her if she likes you a lot more than you like her, or if she wants to go further with the relationship than you do. Also, when/if you do end up coming out to her later on in the future, she will most likely ask you if you knew before or after you dated her - could make for some awkward explanations. However, if you do have real feelings for her, then go for it.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a lot of things you really need to think about if you're going to do this. What will you both expect out of the relationship? If she's attracted to you but you're not attracted to her, you're not going into the relationship on even footing, and if she finds out you're gay she could feel really betrayed.

14. Alex19

honestly, and i dont want to be mean, but i dont think u should do it. u say your gay but your dating/want to date a girl... thats completely contradictory. if u want to, no one is gonna stop u and nobody would/should judge u for it, but i think your wasting both her time and yours. if your going to date someone, i think u should b attracted to them on all levels.

and like some others have said; its not good should she end up liking u more than u like her and then u tell her she was a failed experiment... that wouldnt b good to do to your friend.

15. EM68

Same here what a coincidence. haha

16. Aero

First of all, you say that you are gay, and you only care about her emotionally/mentally... so why don't you just stay as friends... You're totally going to lead this girl on.

Second, you mentioned that you "don't think she's the type to lose her virginity" -- so does that mean you want to try having sex with her to see if you like women? Or you think you're safe and that you won't have to touch her.. that way you can openly "date" her and no one will be the wiser.

If you're still trying to figure things out, that's one thing. But, I have a feeling you already know what you like, and this is just something temporary. Just my opinion.

17. Miles D

Yeah, as with what others have said, I have dated a member of the opposite gender because I was attracted to her and liked her. Not just "lawlz i wanna gf lets kiss". I actually had feelings for her.

If you don't have those kinds of feelings (the pounding heart, dry mouth, think the sun shines out of her ass) then don't do it. You'll hurt her, and probably yourself in the process.