1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing a friend: Who's in the wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, Jul 29, 2009.

1. rocking23

I'm going to do my best to keep this short and sweet, more of a conversational basis than a detailed description of what went down.

So my friend, we will call her "A," got home from a vacation on Sunday mid-evening. She and I spoke on the phone doing a little catching up and we decided that we would hang out on Tuesday (yesterday.) She said she would text me when I can come over to her house.

On Tuesday a around 11am I texted her saying I'm getting ready and to call me when I can head over. She replied at 12:30ish saying she just got up. She said she has to get ready and will call me when shes done. At 1:40 she said she has to clean the kitchen with her mom and that's going to take about and hour. I said not to keep me waiting and shes replies with "My life doesnt revolve around you"

So 2:40 rolls around and I say when I can come over. She says she has to clean the windows with her dad and she is going to turn her phone off so its not distracting.

At this point I'm getting pissed of because she is stringing me along.

Later in the day at 4:30 ish, still no phone call or txt, I go onto Facebook and see her online and Wall-messaging with a friend of mine who is on vacation , we will call her "K," A and K are good friends and I am good friends with them (but I am now thinking they are better friends with eachother than they are with me)

So I'm online, A is online and how could she not see I'm online! No call, No Text or FB msg.

Now im REALLY PO'd

So at about 8:30 that night I text A saying:

"So you're still cleaning the cubbards and windows? Well I have to assume so since i never got a text telling me you were done? Or were you too busy chatting with K on fb to text me"

Only after that do I get a message on FB at 8:38 saying to pick up my phone.

I come on fb and read this message and she says to me "Aren't going to reply"

She then says she texted me 3 times - I tell her I never got these messages so as far as I'm concerned THEY NEVER EXISTED!! She says it's no big deal.

I ask her why she never texted or called me.

I said calling a canceling is better than leaving me hanging for the entire day. I asked why she didnt keep me updated instead of in the dark.

She says "Quit the drama kid"

I tell her that what she said was demeaning

She says "hahah you need to fuck off"

Then later that night I talk with K and she says that A and I are too good of friends to let this ruin us.

I txt A to be the bigger person and say we need to talk this out and she says "I'm on the phone I will call you in the morning"

It's 1pm. No call, No text.

What are you're opinions.

PS I kinda failed at keeping it short and sweet. SRRY:slight_smile:

2. Bryan44

This would piss me off too. Why not just call/text and say that she has other things to do instead of making you wait around all day on her. That was a really lame thing for her to do. I think that you should let her know that she is the one who said she would call/text you when she was ready for you to come over, clearly that never happened. So what else are you supposed to think besides that she is ignoring you? As far as her snide little texts about "quit the drama kid" and "you need to fuck off" those were unessessary remarks, you have the right to know what was going on..after all, she invited you over to begin with, so you deserve an explanation as to what was going on.

3. rocking23

So she called me
    and the jist of what she said was

"I have too much going on in my life and keeping you happy isn't my job"

She says things happened on her vacation and she is keeping it all secretive of me and I thought we were friends.

4. Beachboi92

she is being a straight bitch, all you wanted was to hang out with her or whatever and when she doesn't let you know what is going on and you ask she says "oh my life doesn't revolve around you, i do not exist to please you"? really? i would be like "i am asking you to be Courteous and just let me know what is up cause i wanted to hang out, and when i ask you to just let me know what is up you act like a massive bitch. If you would act like that when i just wanna know what is going on then i would be glad not to have to deal with you. Have fun being a massive bitch to people that have time for it" then again i have no room for people who act like that. I would have exploded and done everything in my power to make her feel like shit. But that is just me >.>

5. partietraumatic

sounds a very familiar story. My ex used to do that towards the end of our relationship...i really shouldve seen the dumping coming lol.

As for this just email her or txt her saying politely you wouldve prefered it if she had just told you at the start of the day you couldnt come over,rather than stringing you along. Say if she wants to talk about whatever problem she is having or whatever happened on her holiday you're more than happy to,as a friend,but you dont wannna be strung along with excuses like that.

6. Beachboi92

go with what he said what i said would prob end badly haha

7. Astaroth

She has now acknowledged that it's her problem, so leave it in her court until she's ready to deal with it.

Just politely tell her/text her/smoke signal her/etc that if she wants to get a hold of you, she knows where you're at. And leave it at that.

It'll be a true test of the friendship. If she doesn't contact you, it'll be harsh, but at least you won't be wasting your time trying to save something she wants dead. And if it's just a bad mood she's in, it will wash over and she'll contact you when she's ready.

Hopefully things end up for the better. (*hug*)

8. Jekko

That ^

OR ... i hate her! She's a biitch. With friends like that, a penny is more worth it. She sounds exactly like an old friend of mine.. such a biitch and thought she could do whatever she wanted above me. You know what happened? After 5 years of what she called "friendship" i broke the chain. I did her worst and brought her worst enemy who is my friend btw to a show we went and since then i haven't spoken to her. And in graduation at the ceremony she was sitting like 3 lines away and she smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up and i did the same... and that's how it ended; With her HAVING to talk below me :grin: So with my experience.. i suggest you end this not so friendship but ended it in good terms.

OR you can continue her cycle and keep being her toy.

Choose as you wish

But i highly advise to lose a biitch. lolz sry...

#8 Jekko, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  9. Just Adam

id just ignore her from now on, let her and k deal with it get on with your life if she doesent want to know you scre her its her loss shes losing a valuable person from her life.

10. shorty

As much as it hurts to get the cold shoulder, I think you should just drop it for now. Wait for her to apologise but plan on it not happening I reckon. Sounds like she is being a bit selfish and taking the relationship for granted. She might wake up that you are not her doormat, or you might have to just move on.

11. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dude... its not her job to keep you happy yes BUT... she kept you in the dark and made you waste her day and then all you get is "fuck off"??? Dude you make her apologize and if she doesn't then maybe shes not that great after all. thats my opinion

Fox