1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to forget about somone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 507bro, Aug 1, 2009.

1. 507bro

so today i'm trying to forget about a person i like, because i assume he is straight.
    i've been pretty much obsessed with him for half a year now and i'm trying to get over
    it but i can't. Every time i try to forget there's always one day he ends up in my dream
    and it's not helping. like i just woke up from one right now. idk how to deal with it
    it just keeps coming back and it's getting frustrating.
    can you guys give me tips how to get over it?

2. shorty

Usually, if I *know* they are straight, the crush just seems to go away. No point pining after a love thats totally one way. If I only suspect but am not sure, I don't mind stringing my stupid brain along because it lets the imagination run wild during those lonely, ahem, sessions at night. :slight_smile: Oddly, I don't seem to dream about people i fancy, which kindof annoys me.

Dunno if that helps much, but it works for me.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly the same situation, but I've spent the past year trying to forget my first 'girlfriend', a girl who never committed to me but expected me to put up with her sleeping around and wait for her to come back to me. The best thing for me has been to cut her off - delete her from my Facebook, get rid of my photos of her, block her from MSN, and try not to think about her. I also looked around and specifically looked for girls I thought were cute - not to jump into a relationship, but more so that I could make myself realise that there were other girls in the world, who weren't bitches. If you have a queer youth group in your area or something, I'd try going to that - it could help you knowing that there are gay guys your age around, and he's not the only attractive person in the world. Good luck (*hug*)

4. 507bro

well i suspected him and questioning him. that why i had a crush on
    him. i don't usually fall for straight people unless i see things going
    on that makes me question them.

*edit* there no LGBT youth group in our area :frowning2:
    i live in a small town and the closes is 3 hours away

#4 507bro, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  5. jonny

What did he do that made u suspicious??

6. frostreaver

I was/am in the same situation as Maddy and I've deleted/thrown away everything that's related to him. He stole my fucking PSP so its not easy to forget him.

As for you, you probably have to find out if he's gay or straight. If he's straight then you just have to forget about him or at best, become friends. If he's gay then hopefully it won't be unrequited love. Otherwise, you just have to find someone else.

But then again you say you like in a small town so its gonna be hard to find others so maybe you can make online friends here first until college or something... Some members here are from small towns and they seem very active online. :slight_smile:

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've spent a lot of time thinking about him. And now that time is "unoccupied". You can't let it sit vacant. You have to fill it with something. Get out there. Get social. Meet up with friends, get a new hobby, clean your room, take up a new sport, whatever. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I agree with Lex, he is pretty smart, I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes when you wake up you could swear you feel that warm body next to you, but id just turns out to be a pillow. Those eyes slip into your mind. You remeber that body spray he used to use, and how damn sexy he smelled wearing it.
    Crushes are tough, but given time you can work through them.

9. 507bro

he almost did lip contact with another person, he pulled away (male),
    i think it was just a joke
    last day of school we hugged each other not a sissy hug a real hug
    he said some things that made me question him. he can deep throat,
    he showed me with a bread stick.
    i'm eh because he wouldn't do overly gay things with me
    unless you call back massage in an empty class room alone together
    gayish

10. techie01

Totally agree with the previous posts, go out there and find someone to just have fun with. Thinking too much about someone you can't be with isn't healthy, just try and take your mind off of things by trying to enjoy time with the people that do love and can be with you!

11. nevermore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is so frustrating isn't it? To be absolutely taken by someone and for them to not even know how deeply you feel and to be scared to tell them, especially when you know you will be shot down. It sounds as though he might be teasing you a bit. Maybe he does know and likes to play with you? Or maybe it is genuinely innocent...I don't know. Either way I'd suggest you wean yourself off him and to be honest it will just take a lot of will power...I don't think there is a special secret!

12. matty123

he can deep throat and gave u a back massage when u were alone together in a classroom??well i don't blame u for questioning his sexuality, but if he says he is straight then i guess its best to move on, and yeh a good way is just going out with mates, sports etc just keeping busy really, it will take ure mind off him, but it does take time!

13. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Idk i mean if I know the love is one sided then i usually just start to lose feelings for them. But every once in a while my mind drifts back to them and i have to remember that i gave up on him. The only time i really have trouble is when i am trying to get over an ex.

14. Elven

Ug I wish I could dream about crushes.... my dreamms are far to realistic... like I don't dream I can fly I dream i'm falling physics and all... if its not likley to happen its not in my dream..... but I think in this situation if you can't let go, then wait entill you find another...

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *SIGH* yeah...:icon_sad:

16. 507bro

i didn't say he was straight because i didn't ask
    but i'm assuming

17. First things first. Release ALL the emotions that you keep inside. Vent it out. Punch a pillow. Just get rid of every frustration you have inside of you. Then, try keeping yourself busy. By the end, you`ll be too bothered, or too tired to think about him.