1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah... A little help... :confused:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MisterBeet, Aug 2, 2009.

1. MisterBeet

A very, very, very small town in Tennessee
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let me do a little run-down of the past year first. In August of last year, I came out to my group of closest friends (We're the Breakfast Club. I'm the brain.) and in September, I came out to other people and word leaked to some other people- my entire school. I had a great boyfriend who was in marching band with me. He dumped me and the guy I later found out was cheating on me with snatched me up on the rebound. This guy was a nutcase. He would be clingy on the phone to the point where he became scary and he lied about everything. One morning I left my phone at home and my dad found it. My inbox was filled with messages from him that got angrier and angrier. And his signature was "Harlan's man" (Makes me gag a bit.). My parents pulled me out of school for three days, beat me (ever been tackled by your own mom?), verbally abused me, hired a preacher to make me see the light, prevented me from contact with my friends, and pretty much called me a *insert any explative you can think of* anytime we tried to talk. This continued until mid-March, when most of the insults and beatings stopped. Mom and dad were still in an incurable slump because I'm obviously going to Hell for all eternity. When school ended, they enrolled me in a private Christian school. I now have gone without contact with the outside world for over two months. I'm not allowed to watch anything on TV above a "G" rating (but I know the passcode...:badgrin:slight_smile:, my cell phone and e-mail account are gone, and the only friend I have is a journal where I've written everything down from the day after I came out to my parents (I think I should publish it.). I go through depressed, lonely states every other day. It's partially because all my friends are gone and partially because I'm a boyfriend-less, lonely, fourteen-year-old whose parents don't like him and talks to himself (Though, now, I'm a bit happier). I guess what I'm asking for is help. I need any help available. Advice, a kind word, anything. Someone to talk to. Oh, and if you can give any information on Metropolitan Community Churches, that'd be great. :help:

2. olides84

I'm really sorry to hear all that has happened to you. (*hug*) Hang in there. Once school starts up again, you'll be out of this exile, right?

At your age, I really think you're just going to have to ride this out for now. Small steps, looking forward. Try not to pine about where you were (old school, friends, boyfriends) but on how you can work within your new reality to make it bearable.

Oh, and http://mccchurch.org/

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

If your parents abuse you, I would contact social services so they can take you away from them.

4. SshhhSTFU

My parents also took extremes when I came out to them.
    They took me out of my school, avoided all contact with me, removed my phone, computer, TV and going out privileges... and hired 3 therapists (so I get 1 session per day -- rain or shine.) They also beat me a few times for talking to my ex girlfriend. Not only back then, but last year as well.
    I'm not in the best situation with them right now, but my advice to you would be to let them calm down. After that, try not to bring it up too often, and if you do, be subtle about it. As time goes by, they may learn to accept you for who you are. Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your story breaks my heart. Do you have a kind uncle or aunt you can connect with?

6. Jim1454

I'm also very sorry to hear about your situation.

I would also suggest that you try to ride this out if you can. You're stuck with your parents for the next 4 years. It might be easiest to accept that fact, and make the best of it.

However, if they truly are beating you and abusing you, then it might be appropriate for you to be placed in foster care. It's you're call, really.

In the mean time, try to hang out here as often as possible. That might make life more bearable.

7. Kirakishou

Oh my.:eek:
    Well you don't have to talk to yourself anymore, we have plenty of nice people here.:thumbsup:
    I hope your situation gets better and drop me a message if you'd like.

8. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'you're'? Really?!?

Grammar aside, I agree with the others, your situation really sucks. If you can ride it out, and if you feel safe doing so, I would; hopefully your parents will come around. If you feel you can't, or come to not be able to do so in the future, get someone else involved.

9. littledinosaurs

Agreed.

10. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Just think... things can only go up from here! You have your whole life still ahead of you and before you know it you will be surrounded by people who will accept you for who you are. Just hold in there for now.

11. Como

Como Guest

This is horrible. I'm really just awestruck at your parent's response. I think it's a sick response. I would try and get yourself removed from that abusive situation.

12. xXHolic

Oh my god...
    I know I'm just gonna repeat what everyone has been saying, but that's a though situation.. The best you can do is just avoid talking about any subject that would cause an irresistable reaction by your parents. I know it's difficult, but as others said you only have to live with them for 4 years, while your whole life waits ahead of you.

You are more that welcome to drop me a line anytime you want. Would be glad to help :slight_smile:

13. EM68

I am sorry to hear what happened. Everyone has said some great advice. If you safety is in jeopardy call the authorities.(*hug*)(*hug*)

14. Jim1454

Oh man... cut me some slack, would you! I'm trying to spread the love here as quickly as I can! :icon_wink

15. kramer362

Do you have any other family that isn't insane? Older siblings, aunts or uncles?

If you can get on here you should be able to make an email or facebook to contact your friends from your old school to keep in touch or at least someone who could maybe help you out who lives nearby.

16. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    there's 2 real options here... ^ and sticking with your parents. now you might get clones of your parents with foster care, but it's definitely different people. If your friends did this to you (the beating and abusing) you probably would find new friends. Luckily in this day and age, you can kind of do the same to your parents. As much as you love them, they don't seem to love you for who you actually are.

my vote is get child services involved.

17. Otsuke

This story is so sad ! It makes me so angry O.O Like OH MY GOD!!
    Anyways... I don't know if I'll be of any help but I'll write here what I would do if I was you.

Since I don't have my computer, I would go to the library. I don't know if your old account has been deleted but if not, you could communicate with your friends if you want. It could (maybe) heal the pain or something. To have someone to talk to. But if in any case your parents deleted your old account, you could create a new one, add some email addresses and have some friends (strangers or not) to talk to. At least, you would have someone to talk to everyday if you can go to the library that often.

At your school (if it's possible), take a rendez-vous with your psychologist. If there's no shrink at your school then, use the library computer again, there are probably a lot of "online" help or something. That is strange but the shrink will be able to help you. Not to resolve your problems if you don't want, but at least to give you professional advices and some "how to deal"s with the situation.

If you have uncles or aunts who are less crazy than your parents, you HAVE to tell them. In ANY case, this situation has to be declared. Child services would be a great step. I know another option, but this one is really extremist. Emancipation of your parents, which means you could "divorce" from them.... But the papers has to be signed and everything so, you have to get professional advices, for sure.

Good luck.
    P.S.: Inform us of the updates.

#17 Otsuke, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  18. AZguy444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with Swamp56 and everyone else on here. You need to contact child protective services immediately. There's no reason to punish someone for being gay.

19. xequar

Parents beat you? Call the cops. NOW! That or get ready to give as good as you get (but I didn't say that).

20. Joe622

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my god! :eek: I'm so sorry about the situation you're in.. no one should ever have to go through such abuse! I would seriously consider calling the police the next time they try and abuse you like that.