1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by godfather, Jul 22, 2007.

1. godfather

godfather Guest

i want to come out to my dad today but im really nervous as i dnt know how he'll take it:confused: also he alwas said he wated gandchldren that may be tricky if im gay!
    thankfull for advice
    cheers!!
    -alex:icon_bigg

2. paul7836

I would be shure before you tell your dad. Parents are sorta weird about that kind of stuff. they want to carry on their legacy, and it hurts them when they know it wont be. but in england i guess things are much different (as far as acceptance goes) So *dont* listen to me too much.

3. crimsonarcher

I know exactly how you feel!
    but there are still ways for you to have children, like adoption and such...

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

r u a only son?? if u r then i dont think ur parents will like it

5. xequar

Well, if you're here and you know you're gay, I doubt that you'll be having grandchildren anyway. Having said that, without knowing the entirety of your situation, I usually advise to come out. In the case of him wanting grandkids, think of it like this: the longer you wait to tell them, the harder it will be. In my case, I am an only child, and I came out to my parents at age 25. My mother had already come up with wedding plans for me, and my dad had grand hopes of there being an Albert IV (I'm Albert III). If there's no danger to you, I'd go for it.

6. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I admire you for wanting to communicate to him. having secrets is so hard expecially in a family. Whatever happens and whatever his reaction just know that your desire to have an honest relationship is very commendable.

7. godfather

godfather Guest

Thanks guys i managed to do it last night:icon_bigg and whats even beeter is my dad was completley cool with me exploring my sexualty and is fine with me being gay!! i feel much more relaxed at home now thats out and thanks to all you guys EC really helps give you confidence with these things!!!
    cheers!!:icon_bigg

-alex:icon_wink

8. CrimsonThunder

Congrats Alex, good to hear your Dad is happy.

And as I always say, you can still have children even if you're gay.

9. SadConfusedBandGeek

Oh darn i missed the advice part of this thread:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (Not like i had much advice anyway...but oh well:wink:)

But CONGRATZ on telling your dad!!!!
    Glad he took it well(*hug*)