1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to have a relationship but I'm afraid.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Samus610

You see I have had two boyfriends and both ended with me getting a broken heart. Now I would really like to find a nice man/woman who I can have a meaningful relationship with. It's just my last two weren't that great. My first one was so nice in the beginning but after a couple of weeks he started asking me for sex. I never did, but it shocked me. I kept telling him no but he wouldn't stop bugging me. And the worst part was that he would flirt with my friends when i was standing right next to him. And he would still flirt with my friends when i was inside getting help from my teachers. I just couldn't believe it. We eventually broke up. Sort of. He wanted to go on break because he was still in love with someone else when he asked me out. I told him it was okay if we broke up. But the fact he just couldn't say "I think we shouldn't go out anymore." I would've been like "okay." But then we ended hating eachother. And i won't go into how that happened. My 2nd just wouldn't even call me. So my experiences sucked. I am just too afraid to go into another relationship because i don't want to get hurt again. What should I do?:confused:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Getting your heart broke is a part of life that seems like nobody avoids. It just happens. You can't really avoid relationships because you are afraid of getting hurt. What you can do is figure out what you learned from these past two relationships. Then you will know what you don't want in a new relationship or maybe there were qualities in these people that you did like too. Remember the good times and move on. We wouldn't know true happiness if we didn't ever feel pain, right?

3. CrimsonThunder

Yeah don't let the bad times get you down, just keep your head up and try to move on. :slight_smile:

4. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ditto.

there is someone somewhere looking for someone just like you!

happy hunting.

5. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Those past experiences are life's way of knocking you down, just keep your chin up! There's someone out there for everybody.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think about the only way to mitigate facing that kind of hurt (you can never totally avoid it, sadly) is to really figure out for yourself what you're looking for in a partner and then be intelligently picky about who you get involved with.

What I mean by "intelligently" picky is that it's really easy to be super-picky--finding fault with people is not that hard if you put your mind to it. So you have to figure out what are total "no way" traits and what are "I could probably handle that if there were some positives to balance it out."

But avoiding heartache? The only way to do that is to not get involved with anyone ever again, which is not a good option.

7. SpikySpice

You see, it's life , bad, dumb things can happen, and what you need to do is to kick those memories out of your mind and move on, if you cant move on, and linger to teh bad pasts, you'll be hitting the bottom

But thru those bad experienecs, you have learned lots of things, and can make your new relationship becomes better

But like Joey said, i fyou dont wnat to invole in love, you'll be lonely and alone

8. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Starting something new can be terrifying! I hope you find what you're looking for!

9. Samus610

10. xequar

Love can be a bitch. I know, I got dumped Friday night. Via IM.

But, I still think it's totally worth it. It's like a roller coaster. A relationship can lift you to dizzying highs, but can also plunge you into the terrifying lows. But, if you find the right someone, you get far more dizzying highs than terrifying lows, and the dizzying highs are so worth it.

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Via IM?! IM?!

Would you like me to kill him for you?

12. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

My mom has had 5 men in her life including my father that have been good to her in the beginning,but all turned bad on her and left her suffering,that was all throughout 18 yrs,and now she has finally(hopefully)found that one person to be with her and to treat her right.So you never know when or how long it will be until you find someone that won't hurt,lie,or mistrust you.Lets hope it works out and that this example helps you!