1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom asking questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paul7836, Jul 23, 2007.

1. paul7836

Hi. Well. I told my mom. She dosent believe me. She keeps asking me how i know. I keep telling her that its because i like guys. She just dosent take it as an answer. I really dont know what she wants me to tell her.:bang: :bang: Any Ideas?

2. AstroJesse

Same thing happened to my friend. She just brought home a girlfriend for dinner. Her mom belived her then.

Try just telling her it's because you have a strong sexual attraction to guys, and none for girls. Try to get her to be reasonable. If your mature about this, she'll be sure to belive you. She might be in denial. It might just take time.

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmm you might have to give this one some time to sink in, because she is probably in denial, and since you are only 13 it is very easy for her to say. "Oh he is to young to know"

But after a while she will probably be used to it,

GOod luck

4. hoping

i have the same problem i came out to my mum a little over a year and a half ago but she didnt believe me so i think im just going to bring this guy over that im in love with and tell her that we are going out

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just tell her how long you have felt this way and that you have thought about it alot before coming out. Tell her that because you love and trust her so much that you wanted her to be one of the first to know.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, this brings back some old memories!

Well, not so old - my mom was pretty much like that, and I couldn't do anything about it.

7. Double Dubya

She probably feels that because of your age, (I’m only five years older) you might just be in a phase. At 13 “relationships” tend to be menial things that exist only in passing notes during study hall and sitting bye each other at lunch. These relationships also tend to start and stop off and on again in a moment’s notice. She thinks that sexuality is intangible to a young teen, let alone homosexuality. She probably thinks that you will snap out of it, and that if she keeps asking you about it, she can catch it in the moment. Also as your guardian, she has made most of the decisions that effect your life, she needs to realize that you aren’t her little boy anymore and that you will find your own path. Show her how ridiculous it is, the next time she asks if you’re sure, and say something along the lines of, (assuming your parents are together) “Are you still sure you’re in love with Dad?”:icon_wink

Lastly, be glad that she is comfortable talking about it an that she isn’t completely shutting herself out, even if she is skeptical.:thumbsup:

Best of luck(*hug*) (*hug*)
    WW

8. CrimsonThunder

My guess is (and repeating Band Geek) is because you're so young, you could tell her that people are working out their orientations younger and younger than they used to because its more widely known and accepted.

And yes, be very mature with it. Show her that you're mature. =)

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't know if your relationship with your mom would allow you to do this, but the next time she asks you, "How do you know you're gay?", ask her, "How do you know you're straight?". Use her answer to answer her question. For example, if she says, "Because I've never wanted to have sex with a woman and I've always loved men," then just repeat what she says. She's probably in denial, and she might think that it's her "fault" that you're gay. Just tell her that this is who you are she couldn't have done anything to prevent it. In fact, if you have figured out your sexuality at only 13, I'd say she did a damn good job of raising you. Try telling her that if she thinks she's failed you, but just leave out the "damn".

10. CrimsonThunder

She also might think hes being a smartass. =P

11. Indeed thats possible but if you can prove you know what you're talking about there's less of a chance that she'll think its a phase or deny it

12. godfather

godfather Guest

if you can show how that you know what you want and tell her how long youve known!! if you want you could use examples of people your age who are in the same position as you!! i hope it goes well

13. Sam

Sam

a lot of mom's ask a lot of questions at first I think its their way of dealing with the news of their kid being gay. all I can say is just try to answer her questions and to tell you that it will stop eventually.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My mom asked my son to write something about the way he'd been feeling. He wrote a really nice essay that he has shared with alot of people. That way he doesn't have to say it 50 times! I think it's good to do something like that. It helps people understand better.

15. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    she is worried. parents so much want what is best for their kids. you have got this far, just keep communicating and reassuring her all will be ok.
    i am very impressed that you care enough to let her know, and not try to keep it a secret. that is also worth a lot to a parent. it shows you care. remind her that you thought it better to say it than hide it. she gotta agree with that!