1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by if i had a dime, Aug 11, 2009.

1. if i had a dime

hi so im talking to my friend on facebook and she moved to korea and I really wanna come out to her and this is the only way I can and i dont know how?? Any advice on how to word it or what to say?

2. Greggers

Well, id open with something that backs you into a corner so that you cant get cold feet. Anything along the lines of "I have something important to tell you but i dont really know how to say it.." works. Use your own words, whatever comes naturally to you.

Once she gets the picture you want to talk and its serious, you can either slowly work your way up to it with some background or kind of just blurt it out. When you do, make sure to tell her a few things. 1) You give her time to soak in the news in her own way. 2) Stress this changes nothing between you two. 3) Tell her your emotions so she understands where your coming from.

It may take her awhile to process, so if you do it via message and not chat that might be better. You dont have to force a re-action until she is good and ready.

3. if i had a dime

Thanks greggers, i took your advice and it worked out great she was totally accepting!\ i feel soo much better now
    :grin::grin::grin::grin:
    and she moving back to America! Yay!!