1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh, love...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tired_of_lying411, Jul 23, 2007.

1. tired_of_lying411

A girl at work, a nineteen-year-old girl, likes me.

a lot.

c-r-a-p.

She's nice, too. I don't want to tell her, but I have no other reason.

now what?

2. Sam

Sam

hey haven't seen you in a while. good to see you.

I wouldn't want to lead her on by not being honest with her. I think you should tell her if you can. And spare her feelings the longer she goes not knowing the truth, the more hurt shes going to be when she does find out.

3. tired_of_lying411

she wont find out. unless we become best friends before the summer is over. I don't think she's returning to the same workplace next summer. She doesn't deserve to know just because she likes me.

I need a different reason.

And she can't hate me after I tell her.

4. xequar

I'd just tell her and save both yourself and, in some regards more importantly, her that much grief further down the road. When I was coming out, there was a girl that had a huge crush on me, and had actually been trying to get me for at least a year. She was super sweet and nice, and despite everything, she still cried when I told her. She didn't hate me, true, but I genuinely felt so bad for crushing her like that. I realize that it was the best of all the alternatives, but it was still hard for her.

And I think that's something you have to consider here. Sure, you might not feel the need to tell her, but remember that in a case like this, there's someone else's deep and complex feelings at work, and at the very least, you need to take that into consideration when you decide whatever you decide. As there's no reason to needlessly hurt someone if you can avoid it, I would assert that the fact that she likes you IS at least some reason to tell her.

And for the record, the girl that had spent so much effort trying to get me now has a boyfriend, and from what I hear, they're doing really well.

Whatever you do, make sure you're considerate of both parties, and I wish you the best of luck in this.

5. tired_of_lying411

i will. I'm trying my best not to crush her and not to kill me.

6. CrimsonThunder

First of all the girl could be joking about it, its something girls do.

So you should make sure you know she does have a crush on you before you crush her. =P I'm sure if she likes you as a friend and you want to tell her she'll understand. :slight_smile:

7. tired_of_lying411

okay, so the other day she basically proved my point. She liked me big time and onlu had slight reservations as to if I was gay. So I told her the truth when she asked me out on a date. She was completely fine with it and I'm sure we will be better friends with me being gay than we could have ever been if I was straight :slight_smile:

And we both live happily ever after.