1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to Yell at Stepfather

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I got re-assigned today at my university (new room mate, new building, new room), and I said he was from Jamaica, so my stepfather goes, "oh....a black person".

First off, my stepfather is not only racist, he's homophobic (he's the only Jewish person I've ever met that was racist or homophobic....a huge amount of my family is Jewish). When he starts putting down an entire race I tend to remind him about WW2, and what happens with hatred is directed at a group of people.

So he told me it would be a problem for him (he's helping me move in), and then he told me that I can change room mates if I want, and then said he didn't like this.

I want....to yell at him....so loudly. He went on to say that he could never room with a Jamaican.

I just told him to drop the subject before I got angry (I have anger problems, so whenever he understands that I'll get angry, he shuts right up). I just don't understand why he has such issues with people. He's so filled with hate that it's ridiculous. He even had the nerve to tell me he didn't want gay people at my graduation party.

Well guess what...I invited them all xD .

#1 Swamp56, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  2. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Im sorry your stepfather has views that upset you so much (*hug*)

luickily you don't share his views, yelling at him isn't going to make him think different so there is nothing really you can do but ignore him and carry on with your life your gonna be better off because you are accepting of other people

Becareful about your graduation party though you wouldn't want anything to kick off but good for you for inviting who you want at your party

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Grad party was a few weeks ago, although I was telling my grandmother about what he said and she goes "....invite them ALL :grin: !".

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    wow go grandma sounds like everything went ok i'm happy for you

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Way to go! I would have done the same exact thing to my step dad were he to make a statement like that.

6. Alex19

your grandma kicks ass! i love her!

7. Starshine16

Your grandma sounds fabulous!

8. fallendream

can we start a 'swamps grandmas fan club.'?

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Lol, I have a thread about her; she's awesome though.