1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

>.< augh. Relationship help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

So. Today I went to pride. I was there 10 minutes and this woman was like: hey. wanna go for a coffee or something?

I said sure, why not?

So we ended up getting some water, and we went to a park nearby, sat in the shade and chatted for a while. 2 hours later she had to go, so we exchanged numbers and left.

She texted me later and this is what it said: Today you made me very happy. I'd be happier if you liked me too!!

Then she called me 10 minutes later and asked me out. I told her I;d think about it without giving her a yes or no answer.

Now heres the thing: We get along famously. We have a lot in common from music to movies to spiritual things.

The only snag is that she is 18 years older than me.

My conscience is saying "bad. Bad. Say no." but every time I ignore common sense and think about her she makes me smile.

Im really confused and not sure what to do.

2. Beachboi92

i dont know much about how to go about such things but i can try to give some advice xD
    Do what you are comfortable with, if she makes you happy go for it :slight_smile: but if you do pursue it you should let her know the age difference does make you a little uncomfortable. It is up to YOU to decide if you are comfortable with the age difference. I know people that have similar distances in their relationship and are married. thats all i got sorry if it doesn't help much xD

3. fallendream

go for it and see how it goes, you can end it if things go pear-shaped

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that is a pretty big age difference, I say don't let it stop you from getting closer to someone that you seem to get along with so well. Age is just a number as far as relationships go, sure there are some minor things to overcome, but you'd get those in a relationship with someone of any age. Just give it a go, what could it hurt? You'll be learning more about yourself and more about her too. Just tell her you've never done the relationship thing with a lady who isn't too close in age to yourself. Take things slowly and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

5. Starshine16

I'd say go for it.18 years is a big gap but you are of legal age and so I have no issue with the age gap.Let her know that the age difference does make you uncomfortable and I am sure she'll do her best to reassure you.Maybe she is surprised what she is feeling for a woman 18 years younger than her?

Besides anytime someone makes you smile when you think about her is a good thing.

6. Greggers

38? Hmm...

I gotta say, i would have to say no if i was in your shoes :frowning2: Even if i really liked the girl. I would feel horrible being around her if any of my friends or family were also there. And thats not fair to bring someone into a relationship that your ashamed of. Even if your not ashamed of her, but how your friends and family will act around her.

But thats how i PERSONALLY would deal. Maybe its different for you, and if so then go for it!

7. MusicIsLife

Hey guys!

So i got off the internet a while back and sat alone to think.

I'm gonna see her tomorrow at the pride parade, so I'm going to tell her then: No. I can't do it, cause I'd feel pretty much like greg, especially around family and friends.

Plus I don't want to accidentally lead her on [though I may have already, because I'm uber dense and don't notice when someone is hitting on me til waaaay after.] so yeah. I'll tell her tomorrow. I don't wanna be a pansy and do it over text, thats not fair :/

8. Just Adam

you can both still try to be good friends though, :slight_smile:

9. littledinosaurs

I feel like with her being 38 she'll really want to date someone who is in it for the long hall and with you being 20 that settling down would probably not be where you're at. =\

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'm sure she will understand it's not like she's a teenager or anything