1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something that might help some people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mcpacker, Aug 17, 2009.

1. mcpacker

mcpacker Guest

This is just my thought.

A relationship is all about finding someone you are happy with and want to share this life with. It does not matter what sex that person is.

Think about it on a very basic level and remove gender from the equation. It's all about finding a person you are deeply attracted to. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. No One

I agree with that to a point but at the same time i don't. For me i find girls to be great friends but i just don't make the same emotional connection with them that i do with a guy, save for a few exceptions. When i think of a girl my heart doesn't flutter, I have never had butterflies because i liked a girl, guys on the other hand give me butterflies all the time. Also i think that even though it shouldn't be the main focus your sex life with the person your with is very important to a relationship. I just couldn't get into sex with a girl the way i needed to like i can with a guy. I don't know that's just my two sense.

3. mcpacker

mcpacker Guest

I was just defining love in an abstract way. For those that are struggling with being gay/bi.

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can you love a fat 500 lb ugly beast of a person with moles on his/her back, or sagging chest/boobs. And looks 65 years old while only being 45. Who is out of breath, farts, stains all over his/her clothes. At the same time has a hideous face (universally), and even if lost weight the person will remain disgusting.

But this person is the nicest, and can give you true love. Would you do it?

Appearance matters

#4 Jack2009, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  5. No One

I agree we are all shallow to some extent. Im sorry but i want to wake up everyday and see him laying next to me and thing "I love him so much and how beautiful is he" not "remember he is a great guy on the inside"

#5 No One, Aug 18, 2009
  6. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Hey I've got some moles on my back, now I got depressed :icon_sad:

7. 71390S

71390S Guest

I agree with you in general OP.

As for attraction mattering - for initial attraction, sure it matters. But I want to fall in love with a man and marry him someday, and what if an accident happens and he is paralyzed or burned? I am still going to love him the same. So while in the beginning physical attraction is important to me (among other things) I think as your relationship grows it's importance isn't a huge priority. We're all gonna be old (hopefully) wrinkly farts someday, I don't want to marry someone obsessed with fighting age.

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trying to start any sort of fight here, but I strongly disagree with that statement, if I understand correctly what you mean. If I deeply love someone, quite frankly I don't give a damn about how "ugly" the world may see them. True, my opinion of beauty and your's may not entirely coincide, but if I genuinely love someone then I wouldn't even see these traits (for lack of a better term) as disgusting. I believe that true love for someone can alter your perception of them, glazing over their oddities and quirks (hey, we've all got a few). These things may initially put me off from that person, but if I love them on the inside then none of those physical things would matter in the slightest.

To mcpacker: I agree with your statement about finding a person to love regardless of gender wholeheartedly. In fact I have been discussing that with a few family members lately, so I can better gauge how they'll react when I come out to them.

#9 Black Cat, Aug 18, 2009